Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    Just a little p.s i would highly recommend not to have your roof conversion done at motor craft motor trimmers in coburg! Im having problems already. When i picked it up i noticed that the window seal on the passanger side didnt quite look right and i mentioned it so the guy fiddled with it and told me it was all good. Thd first time it rained water came through it into my car. I called the guy and told him what happend and he told me to come past on thursday morning and he would fix it. So i organise to get the morning off work to drive from geelong to coburg, get there at 9 only to be told he wont be back till 11 and im advised to wait at a cafe down the road. 11 comes round and they call me saying he wont be back till 12. 12 comes round and they call to say he came back but had to leave to see another customer and now wouldnt be back until 3 in whic time im "guarenteed" he will fix up my roof that should have been done right in the first place. So due to horrible service im forced to miss a whole day of work there for the "cheap" rate of $700 for the conversion isnt so cheap anymore

sorry to rant, i just wouldnt want to see anybody else going through the same thing

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    That is a shame Jamie, experience is vital for this conversion I think. I would confirm installers have completed the work on an S2000 before.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    yeh, I guess I learned my lesson. you get what you pay for. After wasting a whole day of work waiting around for this guy I finally got everything fixed. He had also "forgotten" to connect one of the springs that are needed to keep the glass window from cracking when the roof closes as well. Fortunately I stuck around and watched everything he did so the job was done right the second time around. I think we should get some kind of "sticky" for the forums with reviews on mechanics,trimmers,panel beaters etc etc that are worth recommending and also worth staying away from for fellow s2k drivers to help insure quality service

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    this thread should stay up there

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    F*CK ! My plastic window just cracked from the cold + roof opening.

Now I have to pay $900 odd dollars for a new roof

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Has anyone is Adelaide done it yet???

You can get one shipped for just over 700 atm. Mad when you getting back?! I cant wait to burn my plastic window.

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    Back on the 26th.

just over $700, i just had a look and it will cost just over $900AUD?

where are you looking?

Topsonline ebay. But i got mine when the aud was really good.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
    $700 is cheap as it takes approx 8-10 hours so thats a decent hourly rate. Most places I have seen are in the $1000 range. As for the elastic the fitter should have the appropriatte material, if not go to spotlight and buy a heavy guage elastic the stronger the better as the roof will fold better.

If anyone in Sydney wants a roof installed PM me for a price.
    Hi Ferrari,

Im most probably bout to buy a roof fairly soon. Do u know anyone that can instal it properly for a good price?

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    I do it, pm me as it says in that post you have quoted ; )