Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: baffle removal

yeah i was looking at that and remember you saying you did a mod on yours and posted it up but i cant find it

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    just realised your right, i dont have pictures... sorry mate...

take off the box cover, remove the box, and take everything behind it off... you will need to loosen the tank and lift it to take the bulk of the resonator off... i also dropped in a K&N... breaths a lot better, and makes a slow pig a bit more eager and does wonders for the sound with straight pipes...
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

awesome! ill be doing that one tomorrow after work, ill try and take some pix of my progress for other members to follow

Sounds great. Did you have to put in after market baffles in or does the bike go okay without any. Please excuse my ignorance.

nah mate i left them out and thats how its stayed it sounds awesome i went into the bike shop a few weeks ago and the staff that sell them were impressed to hear it as all the ones that come and go sound like sowing machines so they say

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    you won't be able to put in any baffles without a lot of wasted effort.. once they're drilled out their drilled out, in effect making them straight pipes.

A great way to save money and to get a fantastic note from the exhaust... not much fun if ya get pinged...
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Here's an alternative way to do this baffle modification and have the pipes looking factory stock...
    I did this to mine and it gives a really nice deep rumble as you roll open the throttle, isn't too load at higher revs and but best of all doesn't drone when cruzing on a constant speed, but you can still hear it...

This is a photo of my pipes (and was this hard to take) and is self explaining... Oh, BTW my bike is a 2010 VT750C2....
    And just before someone might ask the dumb question, this was done to both pipes...
    Last edited by soxOZ; 18-07-2010 at 11:49 PM.
    C.Ya...
    Wally....

2010 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2

Quote Originally Posted by trickedoutvt400 View Post
    nah mate i left them out and thats how its stayed it sounds awesome i went into the bike shop a few weeks ago and the staff that sell them were impressed to hear it as all the ones that come and go sound like sowing machines so they say
    Thanks for the advice. I have heard so many stories from engine will overheat, loss of power etc, I am going to do the same to mine ASAP