Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    br3nny - Saw your car in the flesh on Sunday in Northbridge after having yam cha. Your FN2R looks cool

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Just on a side note, talking about counterfeit and fake merchandise, there have been estimates of up to 40% of all CDs in genuine record stores are counterfeit. Are they that good? Well, no but you can only tell when comparing side to side, like the PIVOT products mentioned above.

The fakes are there because stores look for cheaper alternatives when purchasing stock.

An example would be the AC/DC CDs below:

As the purchaser of these CDs says:

"The discs are not cdr-s, they have been pressed, and the covers have very high quality printing, right down to the fold out booklets inside with the lyrics etc."

Quite often you look on the back of these CDs, and like the printing on the PIVOT products, there are small differences, usually down to slightly blurred small text. The counterfeiters get away with this because most CD buyers put the discrepancies down to cheaper production methods by the major labels, and the sound quality is usually pretty good.

A BILLBOARD magazine report (21/09/2002) shows there are 8 CD pressing plants in Pakistan, all unregulated, supposedly run by the Asian Mafia. They produce 150 million CDs each year that are distributed through India.

In Africa, reports suggest, there is not one country where counterfeit CDs are less than 25% of the total market, and in West Africa it is more like 85-90%. Remember, I'm talking about "counterfeit" here not pirate or bootleg CDs. "counterfeit" CDs are CDs made to look exactly like the original (as best as possible).

Just thought I'd throw this in as more and more products are being counterfeited, in large factories, and not just in China, although music publishers say up to 90% of all product comes from there.

Peter

PS. The three CDs above are all fakes.
    Last edited by jdm_b16a; 17-06-2010 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Updated
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    br3nny - Saw your car in the flesh on Sunday in Northbridge after having yam cha. Your FN2R looks cool
    hahaha cheers...didn't realise you were in perth !! from memory i parked quite far away too...so hard to get a spot in the good places now had to settle for something shitty because we were in a rush....i regret making that decision
    n3rb-alicious !

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by br3nny View Post
    hahaha cheers...didn't realise you were in perth !! from memory i parked quite far away too...so hard to get a spot in the good places now had to settle for something shitty because we were in a rush....i regret making that decision
    We were eating at Tim Sum Cafe and saw you around central tafe. What happened
    to make it shitty?

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    We were eating at Tim Sum Cafe and saw you around central tafe. What happened
    to make it shitty?
    dragon palace was busy...dimsum cafe was wayyy too busy so we had to settle for 4 seasons....yea...lets say i'm not going there again...i would have rather waited longer instead
    n3rb-alicious !

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    A heads up.

Looks like the market is flooded with em',so check it out before U buy one!

They are a great product but the copy's are naturally shiet.

http://www.pivotracing.com/page/1174823

This is how the originals look/are:

http://pivotjp.com/product/flame-raizin-e.html

There's pics of copy's in the links above,how to spot differences etc.

But what U see in the originals link above is how they should look.

U guys can do the rest of the work.

Remember,dont settle for an inferior copy,get the real deal!

As i just bought the Spark Earth from the above link www.Pivotracing.com and finally dig up this theard about which one is fake or real. I was quite socked with your article about this so just try to google and email PIVOTjp.
    Here is the outcome which i have found through pivotjp website.

If you go to the website http://pivotjp.com , click on the tab CONTACT link to Singapore Authorized Distributor website, it comes out with the result that http://www.pivotracing.com/ is the real distributor of PIVOT in Singapore from Pivot Jp. I am waiting for the reply from the PIVOT jp to see how.
    Last edited by tinymoon; 18-07-2010 at 12:21 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    www.pivotracing.com is genuine stuff. The company behind the site ,Mcwell International, is where I got my original from.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Just got email from PIVOT Jp, they comfirm that www.pivotracing.com is offering genuine products from McWell (Pivot official distributor in Singapore)

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    i brought the blue raizin a couple of months ago and recieved it a little while ago (stock problems)

the quality is very very different !!!! everything down to the clamping of the wires

it was thru Mcwell so if anyone is thinking of getting one to go thru one of their 2 websites
    n3rb-alicious !

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    can i just stress how important if your planing to buy a pivot raizin that it is absolutley vitial its genuine? my friend had one and we jumpstarted the car with positive to positve and negavte to ground cable on the rocker cover, and his cig/cd stereo/clock just wouldnt work? we stressed so much and started checking the voltage of the clock and everything else which in turn just ****ed his vents because we did not see it was melted to a bracket? now his brackets are wobbly and im going to have to makeshift put it back in place with chewed bubble gum. absolute fail product the fake one was

HAS HAPPENED TWICE!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Great stuff mate,thanks for contributing!

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    i forgot to mention.
    his car had 3 fuses
    one for each cig/radio/clock
    all three were blown... >_>
    lucky it was a stupid proton satira and their fusebox came with 4 spare fuses slotted into the lid of the fuse box and 3 of them being 10A fuses (thank jeebus)