Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury

Brake fluid leak

Well it looks like im leaking brake fluid from the master cylinder which is trickling down the brake booster and onto the floor...........paint on booster is stripped as it drips down.......booked into Honda.....AGAIN, after getting a new engine 4 months ago due to a porous block.....

Any1 seen this brake fluid leak happen before on a Euro?
    Last edited by ORLANDO; 28-04-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    yes, it's a common sign you have a rooted seal in the cylinder, get it fixed. how much fluid on the floor btw?
    Why hello there

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Hard to say how much it leaks, I never topped up the reservoir, just got the brake fluid changed last this month and they didnt even notice it....I first noticed a yellow fluid drop on the floor in December but hadn't seen another one since yesterday, i suspect it leaks whilst driving most of the time because I have a white vinyl under the car in the garage and havent seen any drops since Dec till yesterday.
    Last edited by ORLANDO; 28-04-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    get a master cylinder kit from honda just change that

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by 2MPRS View Post
    get a master cylinder kit from honda just change that
    Im still in the 5yr warranty so Honda can foot the bill and work

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Orlando,

WHich EUro you got? CL9? My friend's 09 HOnda CRV got oil leake, dealer fixed once, again it started leaking again after only 12000 clock up. FInally the dealer replace the CRV with brand new engine..

I think Dealer will fix it or will replace the whole new engine..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Orlando,

WHich EUro you got? CL9? My friend's 09 HOnda CRV got oil leake, dealer fixed once, again it started leaking again after only 12000 clock up. FInally the dealer replace the CRV with brand new engine..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by praja6 View Post
    Orlando,

I did get a brand new engine in December due to the porous block.....but master cylinder now is leaking, yes i have CL9, 2006 model.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    i had the same problem...my 1yr old euro in 2008 had leaking brake fluid, it was resolved under warranty through the dealer. Top up brake fluid, make sure all seals/screws are secured tight, ask dealer to check brake hoses and pressure

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by jyh888 View Post
    i had the same problem...my 1yr old euro in 2008 had leaking brake fluid, it was resolved under warranty through the dealer. Top up brake fluid, make sure all seals/screws are secured tight, ask dealer to check brake hoses and pressure
    You would think they would have seen it when they blead the brakes earlier this month................
    Last edited by ORLANDO; 29-04-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    You think or you know?? They usually put everything into writing on service papers, ask if they have done a pressure test, its your car man, you paid for it, i would chase it up to every bit of detail

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    as if when ur filling up the reservoir u cant c the drip trail on the booster and pealing the paint off it, are they blind?