Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Fixing slow retracting seat belts !

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Hey guys I have found a useful link for those who have slow retracting seat belts. I have tried this myself and all I can say is that its brilliant saved me money buying new ones. The article is from Honda/Acura service bulletin itself

Aim
    To get the seat belt retracting effectively because we all know seat belts play a major factor when it comes down to life and death ! Also to stop it getting caught when closing the door and to pass RWC.

Probable cause
    Dirt on seat belt webbing and guide

Useful Link
    http://www.team-integra.net/forum/di...1&ThreadPage=1

Useful Tips
    Make sure you give it an extreme clean follow the steps on the link. Also silicone spray works (spray on both sides of seat belt) I tried it on one of my seat belts but warm soapy water was much more effective.

In summary if anyone got confused there are 2 methods

Warm Soapy Water which is more effective (steps in link)

or

Silicone Spray

Hope this will help !
    Last edited by Premature Vtec; 02-06-2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Wrong title

so scrub down the belts with warm soapy water works as the alternative to the easier spray-on job?

Another alternative to is to spray-on silicone spray instead of warm soapy water but wasn't as effective as warm soapy water. So you have 2 ways of fixing slow retracting seat belts.

Warm Soapy Water (steps in link)

or

Silicone Spray
    Last edited by Premature Vtec; 03-05-2010 at 11:40 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda.
    Damn, thats too good im gonna do that right away thanks for the link

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    prob my favorite diy ever at this point in time lol
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Lol yeah same I needed 2 do it for RWC ! screw buying new seatbelts hassle on putting them in.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Good link! But.....
    The Bulletin clearly states to use, isopropyl alcohol or mild dishwashing liquid in warm water. I DON'T think Silicon Spray would be a good idea.
    Deano.

No silicon spray is another method you can use instead of hot soapy water ! It works I used it on 1 of my belts but not as effective as water
    Last edited by Premature Vtec; 02-06-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    I'm sure it works. But I don't think silicon spray would be good for the integrity/strength of the seat belt.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Wouldn't silicon spray stain? + Get on your clothes? Yes warm soapy water is best - Definitely works!

Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    Wouldn't silicon spray stain? + Get on your clothes? Yes warm soapy water is best - Definitely works!
    Silicone spray wont stain & wont get on your clothes just let it dry a few minutes I'v done it. Warm soapy water still the best

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6
    Unfortunately, mine still not quite fixed the problems.. the belt still slow retracting back tho.. do i have to wait till the belts completely dry? cause, it's still bit wet at the moment