Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H2B Swap

Member Array
    Car:
    EG

H2B Swap

Hey guys I've done a search on this but since the whole H2B swap is still a fairly big grey area i couldnt find anything. What i want to know is would it be easier buying an eg thats already had the h22 swap done and then doing h2b or would it be easier to buy a b16 eg and then get the h2b swap done? Also what would the price differences be? I know Benson has done this swap so im hoping he'll see this and shed some light lol. Cheers!
    SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    B16 EG will make the H2B is easier. But either way, H2B will end up costing you a fair penny unless you're doing all the work yourself. Alternatives, are straight h22 with after market gearing on the H box. If you already have a b16, upgrade to B18CR or B20.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Hmm i have got a b18cr but im selling it atm to cover debt and yeah all the work is being done by us so thats not a problem. I can get a b16 eg fairly easily and the motor for an h22 and we can do all the work ourselves. Also if i get a b16 eg i can save up money because ill no longer be paying a loan off so its not something i expect to be done within the next month haha. I was looking at k swap but i dont have an arm a leg and 2 babies to sell for the swap :P. Thanks for the input though barefoot much appreciated, your car is awesome btw been following the build thread!
    SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    DC
    i say b16 eg would make the swap alot easier. because you can utilize the b16s gearbox( alot of the guys in the US use em if you look up on honda tech). most costly part of the swap will be the Adapter plate depending on which brand you go for eg QSD or EVO both have pros and cons.
    Coup De Grace

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Yeah im looking at doing the b16 eg and ripping the gearbox out and rebuilding it with an lsd and better final drive n stuff because i can do it all myself thanks to a few mates of mine. Now all i need to do is sell my Civic pay off my debts and find a nice b16 eg lol. Can anyone explain the differences between qsd and evo? And also roughly how much they'd cost and where i can source them from?

EDIT: Also what sort of clutch n flywheel would i use? B series or H series?
    SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    Qsd h2b keeps the b gb in it's original location giving more ground clearance but u need to raise bonnet 1.5 inches up unless it's a ek.
    evo moves motor 1/2 inch to the left and lower motor one inch down to give bonnet clearance. However ground clearance sucks. People in the states have made a oil pan which tucks more higher to give groud clearance

People in the states say qsd is a better kit, you use your b series flywheel and same mounts, the evo has a custom flywheel and engine mounts, however you can use after Market mounts as someone on here has done.

You will also loose ps 100% but ac possibility using custom ac bracket using your d series ac parts

so u need to decide which is better for you. Ground clearance or bonnet clearance.

Qsd kit is 750usd without mounts, uses flywheel spacer
    evo kit is 1400usd with mounts and flywheel
    Hope this has helped
    Last edited by defect; 07-05-2010 at 06:56 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    The oil pan from us is $475usd

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    So if i want ground clearance and no raised bonnet i should look at getting an ek shell then? Because i was thinking of replacing the mounts regardless of what i was doing. Hmm what about running a drysump and the EVO kit? I dunno much about dry sumps n stuff i mean i'd like to have an eg shell however i dont want to have the raised bonnet n have terrible clearance (old civic was retardedly low annoyed the crap out of me). Thanks for all your help i really appreciate the feedback cheers guys.

Edit: Suppose i can get my hands on a gearbox and i want to replace the mounts anyway, wouldnt the H22 eg work out cheaper for me if i can get one cheaper than what i can get an eg B16?
    Last edited by Temp3st; 06-05-2010 at 01:38 PM.
    SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Sounds like you're on a pretty tight budget. H2B isn't for someone looking for a cheap upgrade. It's ONLY cheap when compared with a K swap.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Yeah im starting to think its a bit out of my budget range as well. What about just an eg b16 and then do a b20 vtec later on? They are putting out reasonable amounts of power arent they? Without having to modify too much i mean if its just swapping a head onto a block thats no problem we can have that done in a day. Sorry for all my stupid questions n comments just trying to learn a bit and get a better grasp on what i can and cannot do. Cheers for the help guys
    SunCoast Hondas

Bang for buck is B20.
    Got a fairly bigger budget the H2B is a good swap, I've seen its power; rival's K-swaps.

Only downside is weight of the motor, and clearance in the shell.

H2B saves you weight from the H22 box because you're using a B series box instead.

B20 is the budget motor.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Thanks man yeah im thinking i should go with the b20 because at least that way i can drive the b16 eg around till i have the block and have made sure its not going to erupt on me or anything lol. Btw nice Integra ive been following your build too you really need to put some youtube videos up would love to see it in action!
    SunCoast Hondas