Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array

Cool which of these 3 mufflers for my civic???

i've got a 1.5L breeze and im gonna get a muffler (again) this week and i've got these 3 in mind, all opinions apreciated.
    first one is a firehill 4" tip with a 2" inlet priced at $130:
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-FIREHELL-...QQcmdZViewItem
    second one is a 3" Zigen with a 2" inlet priced at $90: im wondering if i get this one how different the tone of it will be since the 1.5L carb doesnt have much power and some people suggested i get a smaller one because the 4" will produce a more deep note instead of the screaming note which i want.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-5-ZIGEN-S...QQcmdZViewItem
    and the third is a HKS 4" which is $140 with a 2.5" inlet: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MakeTrack=true

if the first 2 have a 2" inlet will they fit my civic since its 2.5"? which one would u guys pick? (for a 1.5L civic)
    all opinions welcome (no smart comments).
    thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8
    probly go the 5zigen exhaust... 3" tip bit big i reckon tho. but up to u

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    firehill one.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    aren't they all a bit too big?

i'm suprised you have a 2.5" inlet on the carb, the tips are way too big, wonder what they'll sound like.

Member Array
    whatta u mean? the 4" tip? why would the tip be too big? 3" isnt that big its a baby cannon. im not sure about the piping isnt the 1.5L civics 2.5"? if the tip is too big then what the hell do people with breeze buy cause i've seen alot of breezes with 4" cannons and they sound alright, i've currently got a oval sports box from liv exhaust on and sounds ok with a deep tone to it but i want louder and better looking muffler thats why im going for a cannon.
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    the stock piping for breezes are < 2inch..
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Member Array
    u srs??? then i should get something smaller like a 3" cannon at the end and 2" inlet.

Member Array
    If you can stretch out your budget, get the real deal like tanabe, apexi
    if its too much, get xforce..fitted once on my friend's jazz and sound better than those mufflers at autobarn I've bought
    cheap aftermarket muffler are very loud and sound like its ready to blow up..no offence bro
    and those muffers on eBay are not that good, they are made of cheap quality..I've bought one a while ago and only lasted on my car for 1 week

I suggest you to spend more and get it right
    MODSTER Motorsport
    visit www.modster.com.au

Member Array
    ^^^ great info thanks bro, yeah i might as well just get a Xforce then, this trader on ebay has the LE05L xforce cannon for $130 brand new which is 3.5" tip and 5" barrel with any size inlet. the issue now is what size i should get to get the best sound from the muffler. im gonna go to my mates performance shop tomorrow see what hes got first i think he can whip me a good cannon for around $150 fitted but i dont know the brand.
    thanks again joey.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    1.5 Cab I suggest no more then 2.25inch inlet. 2" would be the best choice

Member Array
    Car:
    Teal Mx5
    hey do the have the apexi one aswell?
    coz i had the apexi one onmy CRX and god dam its loud, due to the barrel size.
    but it looks cute as its small.

i prefer the 5zigen one.

with these mufflers it makes a buzzn noise.

john.
    Row row row your boat

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    3" inch cannon is a baby cannon? bro you've being looking at turbo exhausts.

you should be looking at 2" inlet with 2.25 or 2.5"