Member Array
    Car:
    89 & 97 Legend

Exclamation Kingsprings HELP/ADVICE!!!!

Hey Peoples
    Ok havent posted on here in a while so here goes.

I have a 1989 Honda Legend KA3 coupe and i am looking into getting it lowered and spotted these on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-Legend-...item2c54119134

Now there on there for $290 plus $24 postage to SA and im woundering if anyone knows if thats a decent price and what kingsprings are like? are they any good?
    also how do you recon my struts/shocks would hold up with these as it states a 30-35mm drop which is what i want??
    Opinions would be great
    also heres a couple of pics of my baby just to show you guys i want it lowered as i recently 2 months ago bought a set of 18s for it and love it to bits and i think would look realy nice lowered

Cheers Guys Opinions and help would be much apriciated
    -
    Travis
    The Legend King. Of Adelaide
    1989 KA3 Legend Coupe
    1997 KA9 Saloon
    Why? because Legendary thats why.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    it wont go very low, its only lowered one if you wana drop it on its ass get yourself some nice Super lows or Ultra lows better yet.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Kingsprings are satisfactory. Dont recommend them for any highly enthusiastic cornering. But its a "bang for your buck" set of springs you could say.
    Its average in terms of performance, but does what it says when it comes to lowering.

35mm drop isnt much. Its pretty much 1.25-1.5".
    Normally Id say, your stock shocks will take the drop easy. But your car being a 1989 model. Its been 21 years. Things change, technology got more advanced, and if you couple the kings with a decent set of shocks youll probably have a close to stock feel ride with better response.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 Prelude Si
    Trav, did you get new struts, when you repaired it?
    Kingsprings are satisfactory. Dont recommend them for any highly enthusiastic cornering.
    Hahahaha, you aint going back up through Clarendon again im guessing!?
    Thats the way I roll
    Rollin' in a 92 'Lude with full kit and Super Cat muffler & Zenneti 17's
    Kenwood 6.5" Splits in back and front + Fusion 10" Active Enclosure for a great finish!

Member Array
    Car:
    89 & 97 Legend
    Cheers for the replys guys, i didnt end up buying them but there back on ebay and i might consider it this time or might go to a suspension place and get some advice and see what they can do for me.

@bradyn haha na i didnt there was nothing else wrong with it other than a bent control arm so yeh.

and no ill be driving like a grandpa when im up there hahaha
    Last edited by Travis_Gib0; 24-05-2010 at 08:41 PM.
    1989 KA3 Legend Coupe
    1997 KA9 Saloon

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    if the car is a cruiser then the kings will be fine, but as stated above, the shocks are going to let you doing and the car is going to be bouncy and shit to drive... if your budget can stretch, or if you can save and wait, get the shocks as well

also, awesome car man, i love these things
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    the price sounds pretty avenge for RRP

having gone through sets of kings my self, its not that bad for the price,

re: sagging - i bought mine brand new and had for 2yrs? no issue

re: bouncy - compare to coils yes its alot softer, but to OEM i thought was abt the same,

only thing scared me when i had em was the under-steer when pushing it around corners, u can feel the spring is just about to pop out, prob cos the tyres i had aswell

it will defiantly give u a drop, which should leave about 2.5 - 3 finger gaps, not too low but looks nicer
    凸-_-凸

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    91 eh9
    dont bother with kings had bad experience and heard lots of bad things try looking into other options unless your on a budget

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    $250-$280 is a good price for the springs and about $100 for installation unless you DIY. I hope you got superlows because you can hardly notice the difference with lows from stock height.

If youve got stock shocks and their old, king springs will wear em down even faster. If you plan to keep this car for a while, i suggest investing in coilovers instead.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    buddy, your not gona go racing around corners at 150 k's are u ? that doesnt look like a track car. it looks like a car ud occasionally floor it in, otherwise driving around normally just wanna look good.

Go for springs, dont be so worried. Kings are good, Pedders are not bad to. Jst make sure u go for ultra lows. Ofcourse its better to get shocks with them. but if u aint got the money dont bother. personaly i dont even think its worth the money. They are overpriced get second hand if u can.

Member Array
    Car:
    89 & 97 Legend
    cheers guys.

and yeh iv only just started looking into lowering it as iv just spent most of my money on my wheels so yeh.

Yeh its going to be my cruiser lol and no definatly not looking into going round corners fast, i learnt my lesson already and slid off the road and bent the lowercontrol arm and yeh dented the underside so yeh i wasnt going fast either just didnt know the roads and was at night and because these legends have superlight (I mean superlight i can drive the car with one finger and my finger tip [I dont]) and yeh overturned/steered then hit dirt and yeh not pretty.

and yeh they have been relised again but at $322 and im guess as it gets closer to the end date they will put on the 10% discount like last time. but as i said i might go down to a place that knows what there talking about and give me a rough price for springs and shocks or coilovers if i can find a place that can get them. im just worried that if i get it lowered these 18s are gonna hit the rear gaurds as iv had a pretty good look and it looks as though its going to as i would like it low and possibly try and close the gap that is there but yeh im not sure i think i better save up a bit more first then look into it. just thought id ask about these as they are sort of in my current budget so yeh might save up and get the whole thing. i know do it right do it once lol

Cheers once again guys for your help
    1989 KA3 Legend Coupe
    1997 KA9 Saloon