Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG

EG vs EK for track

Hey guys ive done a search for this but couldnt really find what i was looking for so ill ask it here.

I'm looking at starting a track car build but I'm torn between an EG and an EK. Is asking which one is better a stupid question or are there legitimate arguments? How important a part does the weight of an EG vs EK play? Also in terms of aftermarket support which one would be better? So like suspension parts n all the fun things that are used to build a track car. Admin if you think this belongs in the noob section please move it i just thought it would be better to ask here where alot of members have actually had track experience.

Cheers,

Vik.
    SunCoast Hondas

It all comes down to which shape you like, both can be made into competitive platforms.

The Ek is newer and probably has better supported parts than the EG.
    But I think the EG looks better..LOL..

So really..it doesn't really matter...
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1,4,9
    im doing a track ek atm.. check my thread. IMO both are the same really just depends wat price you pick the car up for and asthetics. Eg's are generally cheaper and if you building a track car, your going to be throwing most of the stuff thats inside it anyway. In regards to sussy, depending on your budget most people opt to change their sussy in an ek or eg to dc2r sussy anyway. (e.g. dc2r sway bars, lca's, coilovers and even brake set up too...). i think an eg may be a little lighter, but i weighted in at around the 900 kg mark (honda ek1 fully stripped with d16y4).
    HORSEPOWER is how hard you hit the wall.
    TORQUE is how far you go through it!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Wow thats not bad thinks for that Filo. Next question would be would an Integra also be a competitor? I can get a gsi for dirt cheap because i was gonna do a motor swap regardless of what i bought so i figure ill keep my options open.
    SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    eg is lighter and something i read in asm once was that the wheels are placed as close to the corners on the car as possible sort of like a go kart so i'd say eg but im biased
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    See the problem with EGs are they are bloody hard to find any good ones in good condition whereas EKs are abundant. With the EGs as well most of them are carby so a carby to efi conversion is gonna be needed not to mention the age of the car as well it has to be a daily for a few months before the fun starts
    SunCoast Hondas

Quote Originally Posted by Temp3st View Post
    See the problem with EGs are they are bloody hard to find any good ones in good condition
    it is a track car, condition is not really a factor?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    yeah but it has to be a daily driver for a few months and will probably still be a daily driver for a while after i start tracking it so it needs to at least be rust free
    SunCoast Hondas

then you are not actually building a 'track car' are you?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Well no ok then sorry i didnt completely specify that im just getting a few ideas n thought i'd start somewhere it will eventually be a full track car but atm it has to be a daily driver till i get it finished to where i want it
    SunCoast Hondas

Track car ONLY or road registered?
    Being road registered there limits to what you can do.

And bare in mind if its a track car, it can't always be mint, unless you got deep pockets.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    both the same, just find any that has no mechanical faults to use as daily. Once its a track car condition of body, looks, electronics all wont really matter.