Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra 2002

How to automaticly switch to reverse camera in Clarion head unit?

Hey guys, I have Clarion MAX686BT head unit and a CMOS reverse camera fitted in my car. The question is how do I switch automatically to reverse camera display when i switch to reverse gear? I've already connected the camera wire to the tailight and connect the RCA cable to the head unit. Everytime i wanna see whats behind i have to select the 'AUX' tab in the head unit. It's kinda annoying and ineffective imop. Is there any device that will do this job automatically? cheerz

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    yupm, i use the same unit as you and i got reverse camera too
    the purple wire on the head unit loom if im not mistaken (should say it in the manual, reverse signal) connect that to your reverse light

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Got the same HU with reverse camera attached. Ran into the same problem

Need to ensure the following is done

1) Camera RCA cable needs to go into the CCD-IN RCA connector
    2) Purple/white cable from the HU loom is tapped onto your reverse gear cord
    3) Camera power is connected to your reverse light power

I assume the only time you get a picture is when you connect to the AUX video cable? As ej20i said, you are most probably not connecting the purple/white cable properly, this triggers the HU to switch to reverse camera mode. So even if you connected the camera to the CCD-IN connector (which is the correct one) and did not connect the the purple/white you will not get a picture.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    in this topic, any of you guys have iPhone?
    my max keeps cutting my music out when i just start the car and goes to a2dp

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    I use a thumb drive to store my songs and connect it to the USB port. Wife has an iPhone, but it doesn't work on my set because I don't have the correct connectors in the first place.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra 2002
    Hey guys! thanks for helping me out. i'll be fixing up my HU in the weekend and will let you know how it goes.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra 2002
    Hey i did the connection on the weekend and it worked! Thanks heaps guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Hey guys, wondering if anyone knows how to unlock the region lock on this unit. Bought a couple of DVDs for the kids, but it is all region 1 coded so I can't use them in the car