Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic eg

Accord- BAD exhaust leak

So basically my exhuast has been given the "band aid" treatment for the past 3 years now, its had alot of leaks and theyve just been filled up with putty...which believe it or not worked perfect for those 3 years but most of it is coming undone now, the leak i got now is very bad...its the bit of the exhust inbetween the muffler and cat (the piece in the middle) the whole things pretty much rusted through...how much do u guys think this is going to cost, can i replace this one bit of pipe, or do i need to replace the whole system.. like im thinking $150...is that reasonable? or am i dreaming..and does anyone know a really cheap exhuast place in syndey?? cheap being the key word here

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit
    For the section from the cat to the muffler should easily be done for $150 or less. Depending on whether it's a stock system, the factory piping is very cheap to replace. Can't help you out with Sydney exhaust shops as I'm in Brisbane.

On the topic of dodgy exhausts, I dismantled mine the other day and discovered some knob has hollowed the cat and put a straight through pipe. No wonder the exhaust was so pungent. $190 supplied + fitted for a replacement for reference.