Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9

Unhappy recalibrating ECU DIY?

Hey guys i got my headers, exhaust and CAI put in my car but its been running like realy rich, like i drain 1/2 a tank in a day like 50km tops.... and i wasnt hooning rtoo much.
    My mate tells me i can disconect the bater leave for 15 mins then reconect and leave the car started in idle for 15 and the ECU will reprogram itself for the mods... is this tru?

i do it a diff way..

1. disconnect negative connector from battery
    2. remove battery fuse from fuse box in engine bay
    3. leave it for 5-10mins
    4. put fuse back into fuse box, connect negative connector to battery again
    5. start car, idle for about 5-10 mins.

this is for an ek though

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9
    shuldnt it work the same if i just take the whole batery pout and u reacon this will give me some better fuel efficiency?

yes it will definately give better fuel efficiency, you should usually reset your ecu everytime you make a mod to your engine (seeing as you've added an exhaust, headers, cai which are all mods that affect airflow.), or it'd probably just run rich. I don't know if it's the same if you just take whole battery out but i was taught to do it this way lol
    Last edited by tuanEH?; 21-05-2010 at 12:31 AM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    50KM from a from half a tank is ridiculous, even if you were caning your car like a bitch. Sure there's not something else wrong?

lol i didn't read that bit, driving 50km and half a tank is gone? that's pretty shocking..even when i do alot of spirited driving with my car i still get 400+ km from a full tank

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9
    yer man car runs fine just goes empty in hurry... D:

yeah, i think you should try resetting your ecu, either my way, or whatever way you want to do lol. it doesn't cost anything so it's worth doing atleast.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9
    is the batery fuse box that black rectangfle thing in the top left side of engine bay? and wen u open it upo theirs all these chips in different colours?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yes,

BUT

Honestly,just disconnect both positive and negative for 5 minutes,reconnect,let it idle for 5 mintues,dont touch anything,turn it off,turn it on,done!

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    if you're using 65l/100km i'd suggest something else is wrong

that and your car would run like shit from drowning in fuel
    i don't even know whether your stock injectors are capable of pumping that much fuel given the distance

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Are you sure it is 50km / half tank? Where did you get that number from. Either your fuel gauge is faulty or you have a fuel leak for such bad usage!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq