Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Ek1 civic

Need new shockers for my Euro

Hey guys,

I just want to ask, what are a good set of shockers i can get on my Accord Euro????

Thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    bilsteins or koni yellows.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Ek1 civic
    How are KYB & Pedders (Comfort Gas) shockers for the Accord Euro???

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazza_19 View Post
    How are KYB & Pedders (Comfort Gas) shockers for the Accord Euro???
    not sure mate. A few people have the bilsteins here and are more than happy with them. pm tony1234.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    bilsteins or koni yellows.
    Agreed.As above

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Ek1 civic
    Besides bilsteins and koni yellows guys.......is dare anything else that is n2b as i mentioned earlier like Pedders or KYB shockers????

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    2014Civic Sport
    Dazza,

I replaced my springs with with lowered King springs. I was told the only aftermarket shocks available for the CL9's were basically Koni's or Bilstein's, which are quite expensive (between $1200 & $1500 for a set). Most mechanics or suspension 'experts' told me that the standard shocks would be ok if they hadn't had too much use, but I found this to be quite wrong. So I have been looking for a cheaper alternative to either Koni's or Bilstein's.

On a side note: I've had Koni's before (on a Commodore) and they were great, but they weren't twice as good as the equivalent Monroe's I bought at half the cost for another Commodore I had previously.

Anyhow, I managed to get a set of Monroe GT Gas for the rear (part number E1347) for $260.00, and have been waiting to get a set of Monroe GT Gas for the front (part no E1349) for $330.00. Monroe's have told me that the first shipment of the fronts are due to arrive in Australia on 28 October 2009; seven months later and I'm still waiting!!!!!

I was sick of waiting for Monroe's, so I researched the internet and managed to find a set of KYB GR-2 Gas shocks (part no 341330) that is listed to suit an Acura TSX, which is the equivalent to the CL9 in the USA. From my research, I believe the same company makes both the KYB's and Monroe's, but just paints them different colours. Anyway, I mail ordered the KYB's from a shop in the USA and they were about $260.00 (including freight) which was about $90.00 less than buying them here.

I haven't fitted them yet, but hopefully I will be able to do so next week (I'm waiting on a friend who's a motor mechanic). Obviously my big concern is that they won't fit or that they'll be a bit too soft to suit American drivers; but I'm hopeful.

KYB sell the same shock here, but it's not listed for a CL9. It's listed for an 95 Accord from memory. In any case, I'm very happy with the rear Monroe's I've fitted already, so hopefully I'll have more information on the KYB front's by next weekend. Fingers crossed; I'll let you know how it turns out.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Ek1 civic
    Quote Originally Posted by huey888 View Post
    Dazza,

I replaced my springs with with lowered King springs. I was told the only aftermarket shocks available for the CL9's were basically Koni's or Bilstein's, which are quite expensive (between $1200 & $1500 for a set). Most mechanics or suspension 'experts' told me that the standard shocks would be ok if they hadn't had too much use, but I found this to be quite wrong. So I have been looking for a cheaper alternative to either Koni's or Bilstein's.

On a side note: I've had Koni's before (on a Commodore) and they were great, but they weren't twice as good as the equivalent Monroe's I bought at half the cost for another Commodore I had previously.

Anyhow, I managed to get a set of Monroe GT Gas for the rear (part number E1347) for $260.00, and have been waiting to get a set of Monroe GT Gas for the front (part no E1349) for $330.00. Monroe's have told me that the first shipment of the fronts are due to arrive in Australia on 28 October 2009; seven months later and I'm still waiting!!!!!

I was sick of waiting for Monroe's, so I researched the internet and managed to find a set of KYB GR-2 Gas shocks (part no 341330) that is listed to suit an Acura TSX, which is the equivalent to the CL9 in the USA. From my research, I believe the same company makes both the KYB's and Monroe's, but just paints them different colours. Anyway, I mail ordered the KYB's from a shop in the USA and they were about $260.00 (including freight) which was about $90.00 less than buying them here.

I haven't fitted them yet, but hopefully I will be able to do so next week (I'm waiting on a friend who's a motor mechanic). Obviously my big concern is that they won't fit or that they'll be a bit too soft to suit American drivers; but I'm hopeful.

KYB sell the same shock here, but it's not listed for a CL9. It's listed for an 95 Accord from memory. In any case, I'm very happy with the rear Monroe's I've fitted already, so hopefully I'll have more information on the KYB front's by next weekend. Fingers crossed; I'll let you know how it turns out.
    cheers mate, hope to hear from u nxt weekend

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    $1200 - $1500?

Bs!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    $1200 - $1500?

Bs!
    Agreed.Bilsteins will cost you approx.$1050 plus fitting of course

Member Array
    Car:
    2014Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive
    $1200 - $1500?

Bs!
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Agreed.Bilsteins will cost you approx.$1050 plus fitting of course
    Please forgive the 10% discrepancy in the price you believe I was quoted for Bilsteins in Brisbane; obviously I'm lying. Although I notice there was no query on the price I was quoted on Koni's. Even at $1050, they are expensive.

There are several brands of good shocks that are at least 95% as good as Koni's, but are half the cost. It's unfortunate most don't make them to suit the CL9.

You guys must have a lot more money than me.

Member Array
    Car:
    2014Civic Sport
    Dazza,

Unfortunately it's a washout with the KYB shocks. They're physically the right size to fit into the space available, but the size of the lower mount is too small to fit correctly in the suspension bracket. Oh well, it's back to phoning Monroes every month to see when/if they will ever get stock in of suitable fronts.