Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R

Smile Converting my Leb spec to JDM (em1)

*My story (feel free to skip)* And i suck at spelling sorry.

Hey guys approx 10,000kms ago i bought my em1, car that i wanted all thru out high school, after 10, 000km's and many power runs to national park i'm now bored of the em1, i would like to keep the car as it was the 1st expensive item in my life that i bought myself. I had a few questions from owners of em1's or people who are exp'd with the car.

*Questions*

I asked my mechanic who has been servicing the car nearly every 2nd week lol, about transfering a vitr 1999 integra gearbox into my car, as i can feel my gearbox is on its way. He responded with it wont fit, i had read thru a few threads where this was done (b16a2 + dc2 gearbox) i believe they are both the same gearbox y21 or something like that. Well my question is is this possible? if so wat are the parts i need to change? Possible recommendations for places i get this done in syd?

PS: the gearbox in the vtir had a 2grand rebuild approx 16,000km ago with a new heavy duty clutch.

Second question; Twin loop.....worth while mod? currently i have a cannon lol! its soooo loud, i have been to three exhaust places arround the ingleburn/campbelltown area they never heard of this exhaust lol....if there is any other i should be looking at please point out currently i have saved up 876 (maybe lower need to buy dinner/weed 2nite lol) Im willing to spend approx 1grand on a new exhaust/extractors setup.

Third question; Vtec controller? to me this is a very controversial mod....i have heard good and bad and trust me the bad things i heard out weigh the good lol. Should i get this done? currently this guy at work says this place at lansvale does it 170 bucks he got it done to his vitr, or should i just save up another grand and go for hondata?

Fourth this will be the last for today , Cam gears, omg im soo tempted at the moment to pull out a 10grand loan and do massive work on the internals lol. If anyone has worked on a b16a2 i could you please share how much more power you got coming outa car non turbo please as im a red p plater who is getting suspended soon lol.

Thanks guys, sorry for such a long ass thread.

PS: Im not racist or anything, practically i hang around nearly all races. Dont be offended please, if anything im indian LOL at that.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    1st question:
    If you have a B series motor, any other hydraulic clutch B series gearbox will fit.
    2nd question:
    A twin loop is a good idea, they are nice and quiet but still have a very nice sound. A full exhaust from extractors back will give nice power gains if done right.
    3rd question:
    Dont bother on getting a VTEC controller. if its a standard motor, its setup best from Honda, dont fcuk with it lol.
    4th question:
    Cam gears itself, you dont need but if u want a little more power, upgrade the head for a bit better revving etc Cams, Cam Gears, Valve Springs etc

and LOL at u saying u gota buy weed
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Have to agree with the vtec controller and the twinloop sounds really nice and its pretty quiet!

the rest, im unsure
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    I love this kid already, VTi_b0i is right.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by VTi_b0i View Post
    1st question:
    If you have a B series motor, any other hydraulic clutch B series gearbox will fit.
    2nd question:
    A twin loop is a good idea, they are nice and quiet but still have a very nice sound. A full exhaust from extractors back will give nice power gains if done right.
    3rd question:
    Dont bother on getting a VTEC controller. if its a standard motor, its setup best from Honda, dont fcuk with it lol.
    4th question:
    Cam gears itself, you dont need but if u want a little more power, upgrade the head for a bit better revving etc Cams, Cam Gears, Valve Springs etc

and LOL at u saying u gota buy weed
    Sick, ill advise my mechanic of this, cheers all for replying,

I like you tooo<3 Wanna have my babies =)

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    Swapping the internals of a b18c7/cR(mainly just the cams and valve springs) into a b16a2, with an exhaust(headers + cat back) + intake + ecu tune, will see you net around 115-120kwatw. Toda(trader and famous honda tuner etc etc) , has a thread ( on this forum), in regards to how to build an b16 , from daily all the way through to track use.. each item is listed too.

Other things that make the car accelerate faster is a lightened flywheel and a higher Final Drive.

That gearbox you mentioned out of the integra, what type of rebuild ? stock parts? changed final drive? Lsd?

you can find your self a type R b series for around $2k ( prefarabbly one with 4.7FD) and it will come with lsd too.. prolly one of the better alternatives to the b16's g/box
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    get an ITR gearbox, shift linkage and shifter, worthwhile mod

muffler just get a normal oval one with good flow or varex item with a valve

vtec controller, don't do it lol

no need to get a loan to work on the internals lol, fine car as is
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Swaping B18CR parts into the B16a wont net 115-120kw atw... you might be thinking of a B16B which you can install the ITR crank no problems but even then unlikely to net near 120kw atw.

Dont get a VTiR Integra gearbox as it is kinda of a downgrade. Go for another B16a or ITR/CTR

If you want to make good power i suggest a B20VTEC conversion worked. Easily make 120kw on stock internals, with build potential up to 160kw+

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    i asked my mechanic who has been servicing the car nearly every 2nd week lol, about transfering a vitr 1999 integra gearbox into my car, as i can feel my gearbox is on its way. He responded with it wont fit...

Im a red p plater who is getting suspended soon lol.
    lol...

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    sick, ill advise my mechanic of this
    lol...
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    Hahahahahhaha

What makes you think your gearbox is on the way out?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    - skunk2 street cam
    - toda cam gears
    - toda/skunk2 valve train upgrade
    - b18c7 (dc2 type-r) gearbox with lsd
    - toda/spoon flywheel
    - exedy sports organic clutch
    - 4-2-1 headers (insert brand here)
    - hi flo cat + catback (insert brand here)

= win?

or you can save the money on the above and get a jackson racing supercharger =p
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680