Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lowering

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    all good man, lol gotta learn from some where....
    depending on who makes em..... over the stock springs, yes... but not to the point where u would be satisfied goin around a track an feel safe, lol... theres heaps of other gear u can buy to make ur car handle better, than jus goin 4 coil-overs, if ur primary goal is looks over functions, than i suppose lowered springs would surfice, an bein in melb, like me, the roads are pretty bad... so best bet is to go for like 1.5 - 2inch drop... havin a car that low, isnt greatest idea especially as a daily car

Nothing wrong with lowered springs, but coil overs for the best and ultimate suspension mod.... right after swaybars
    Last edited by mugen_ctr; 26-05-2010 at 12:24 AM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    thanks so much mann yeah i guess ur right. im gna save up nd get some coilovers. but im not sure if its worth spending alot on.. its not like im putting it on a type R hehe.. ill have a look, see how everything pans out.. cheers mate thanks again

Would putting springs which lower the car by 1-1.5" also kill the shocks quickly, or does this only apply to lowering beyond 2". Also, does this apply if you were to put say eibach pro-kit springs onto dc2r shocks?

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    koni yellows plus springs or skunk2 sports shock with springs or get ground control kit with both options. I am currently looking at either koni yellows second hand or skunk2 sports shock new.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    nope, my car is currently sittin on king springs 1.5 inch drop, an shockers are fine, anything over 1.5 or 2 will definite kill the shockers, as its beyond what the shockers were designed for... like i said previously, either get matched shockers with springs or coilovers, dont risk ur life for some uber cool look... do it once, do it right....

IMO, i wouldnt get matched springs an shockers, its not worth the money, better off spending the extra for more features with coil overs....

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    ive got a spare set of stock shocks sitting in the garage, and i was planning on installing my superlows (2-2.5" drop) on them.. if they were to wear out quickly i was planning on just switching back to stock springs with my original shocks until i could save up for something better.. is it really that dangerous?

also can i get second hand lowering shocks from pedders or something? i havent been able to fins any.. is it even a good idea to get second hand shocks?

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by cihanvtec View Post
    ive got a spare set of stock shocks sitting in the garage, and i was planning on installing my superlows (2-2.5" drop) on them.. if they were to wear out quickly i was planning on just switching back to stock springs with my original shocks until i could save up for something better.. is it really that dangerous?

also can i get second hand lowering shocks from pedders or something? i havent been able to fins any.. is it even a good idea to get second hand shocks?
    koni yellows second hand or skunk2 sports shock new with ground control coilover sleeves...

Coost NEW:
    Koni yellows $999+ skunk2 sports shock with has a shorter body etc $520 from jdmyard. http://www.skunk2.com/Suspension/ind...ck&cat_id=SHCK

not sure how much the gc kit is, ask jdmyard they wil be able to tell you. even skunk2 have a coilover sleeve kit....