Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lowering

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec

lowering

hey guys probably a noob question but do i need a camber kit and new shockers etc if i was to lower my car? (94 EH civic sedan) or just the springs?

i heard somewhere that depending on how low you go, you may not need a camber kit or something?

i dont really know much about suspension and all.. what exactly will i need? i want the wheel archs sitting just above the tyres.. cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    u dont need to get a camber kit dont waste ur money. if u get just springs it will be aite but ur shocks will die out pretty quick and they ride will be bouncy. get springs and shocks 2-2.5inch should get ur tyres tucking

Member Array
    Car:
    90 EF8 siR
    Nah man you don't need a camber kit, but please don't put lowering springs on your stock shocks. Like 2MPRS said, they will kill them quickly and the car will bottom out everywhere man. Just save up those penny's and get some decent shocks and matched springs. Ie, Koni Yellow with Eibach, or Koni Red with Eibach. Hope this clears your mind lol

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    loll thanks guys.. how much do you think a good or decent set of shocks and springs will cost me?

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    1k for new kyb shocks and somesort of ultra low springs or 2nd hand like 400-600 buxs

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    correct, dependin on how low u wanna go, but the best option, would definite be coil-overs...... u only need camber kits if ur runnin aggressive wheel offsets, where it will cause will rubbing.... or if u wanna track it, lol.... best bet for what ur wanting, is running coil-overs....

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    hmm shittt... thats kinda busting my budget! loll but its gota be done.. we'll see what happens! thnks matee

Member Array
    Car:
    09 City Vti-L
    Quote Originally Posted by cihanvtec View Post
    hmm shittt... thats kinda busting my budget! loll but its gota be done.. we'll see what happens! thnks matee
    speaking from experience, dont do thing half arsed mate. save ya money and buy the right gear. shagging out your shocks cause you lowered your car is not only an expensive mistake but could be dangerous. shocks are there for a reason if ya get me.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Just can't get enough of these engine conversions.
    First a mini, now a civic.... Whats next??

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    coilovers only cost over 1300, an thats jus the basic coil-overs.... tbh, ur better off spendin that extra 300, ontop of the 1000, an get coilovers.... or source 2nd hand coilovers for like 800 or so, dependin on condition

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    yeahh i get ya mann.. one more thing, whats the difference with coilover ans springs? i know coilovers are adjustable.. but i dont understand what you have to adjust or why?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    springs are jus springs, u cant change the height of ur vehicles, were as coilovers is the opposite, adjustable height, damper settings.... an they were designed to have matching springs with shockers

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    ohh okayy.. so springs will still give me better handling? but not as good as coilovers? sorry to be such a noob heheh