Honda Jazz performance increase

G'day,

My little jazz is in need of a boost ! I was just wondering are there any places in Perth, Western Australia that do Honda Jazz performance ? From small to large (turbos, etc...).
    I've googled quiet a lot but can't really seem to find any that offers the turbos for the jazz ?

I have no clue about how to install one, so that's out of the question

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG hatch
    What model jazz you got mate? 1.3 or 1.5L? ur best off just going simple and getting a k&n panel filter and maybe full headers and exhaust but i would personally get another 'play car' and keep the jazz stock unless you do it right with a motor swap as a turbo kit on a stock jazz motor wont really be worth the time and $$$ involved. Just my 2cents bud. let me know how you go anyway....
    If it aint VTEC .........Fix it!!

It's the 1.3L, yeah I just hate when I have the aircon on and I try to take off at the lights (even like a grandpa) and it barely moves hehe.
    Cheers for your input, muchly appreciated =)

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    You can't really get a lot of "oomph" from the 1.3, but if you have a GD model HKS etc. make turbo kits for it. (Unsure of whether it suits the 1.3 though or if it's 1.5 only)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY09 Jazz Vti-s
    i can find hks cai for you, also exhaust......

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    which model jazz do you own?

people always suggest to do engine swap but then again that would cost alot of money because i believe you need to cut the chassis to fit K series into the GD3, then you would need custom intake, header, exhaust and kpro engine management for it. if you are just looking for a 'little' fun from the fun, then some simple bolt on.

J's Racing/ Spoon/ Mugen from Japan has a lot parts available for the Jazz as it is quite a popular car in Japan, also a few companies in the US such as kraftwerks makes bolt on supercharger kits the jazz as well. T1R is another company that offers turbo kit as well.

Just from memory here, they kits come out of the box and runs:
    HKS - 5.7psi
    Greddy - 6psi
    T1R - 4.5psi
    Kraftwerks - 5psi (Supercharger)

But i'm sure people runs higher after a few additional mods to it. I read before that people runs 8-10psi.

If you want to get a some boost, HKS & GReddy both makes bolt on turbo kit for the Jazz (not sure if it can be fitted to 1.3, but i m sure custom work can be done) The jazz is pretty light to start with, so a little boost probably give it a little more go. (I LOVE THE ENGINE COVER that HKS makes for the Jazz )

Last edited by BusterSonic12; 07-06-2010 at 08:15 PM.
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Kraftworks has a SC kit to fit the 1.3 Currently they start @ $USD 3K plus post. Supposedly a bolt on, afternoons work if you know how to spin a spanner.

thou.... you'd be better of buyin a weekend car or something, and keep that Jazz as a daily drive. What i was tossing up... but i'm not anymore. i don' get much weekend time... wife + house + baby son = no time for daddy

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    those turbos are like 5k, plus installation...
    better off paying like 7 and getting engine swap.
    but tbh u bought a jazz and to make it harder u got the 1.3L instead of 1.5Vtec