Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 EuroLux07

FD1 Lim Ed or FD2 Sport?

Just would like some of your opinions...

Option 1: pay around 32k and get a FD2

Option 2: Pay around 24k and get a FD1 Lim Ed.

Arguments:

1:FD2 has leather seats, sunroof, audio controls on the wheel and K20Z2 (which i am assuming has a more distinct VTEC changeover than the random VTEC engagement of the R18A1), nicer rims

2: Lighter, Cheaper, still comes with foglights, has crappy R65/15 rims, Comes with a bluetooth (wow big deal), tailored mats, reverse parking sensors..

I guess what im saying is, should i use the money i save by buying the FD1 Lim Ed to reupholster, buy recaros, rims, kit.....tradeoff is still the K20Z2...

What would make me decide to choose the FD1 over the FD2...

a) The difference between the k20Z2 and R18A1 in terms of fun and excitement is negligible
    b) DIY upholstering seats is easy
    c) Can DIY install volume controls into the steering wheel
    d) If it turns out i cant get it for under 32K

What do you guys think?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    In the end it's still your own decision no one can answer it for you.. obviously the sport has all the luxuries but the vti is cheaper so if you plan on doing a few mods you can use the unspent money on mods. IMO the sport is quite expensive for what you get, not really the best value car around. How much is the standard vti? if you're going to get a vti and change the wheels then I wouldn't bother with the limited ed since you're going to throw away those wheels anyway, unless the price difference for the limited ed is small I say go for standard vti.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 FD
    If I can rewind the clock I would have gotten the sports. That just me.
    But very happy with my vti as it's got some mods but I've always wanted a steering wheel mounted paddle shifter.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    if i could turn back the clock, id have gotten the vti in manual - but instead wasnt informed enough, if only i was an ozhonda member like 2 years ago lols

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    If I could wind back the clock, I wouldn't have purchased a civic 8th gen.

But I can't so it's all good.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    if i could turn the clock back, i wouldnt have done anything different. go the sport. u dont have to worry about a thing and it looks nice straight off the bat.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    I voted for FD2, if i can afford and turn back the time i would have chosen FD2, currently FD1 VTI-L.
    Reasons: In term of power: much much more and driving experience is completely different with padle shift.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 EuroLux07
    I wouldnt have gone the auto if i got a Sport...
    On the other hand the Lim Ed is 24500 ish...I might be able to get it for 23 or 22....
    The VTI comes with 15" wheels as standard...the Lim Ed comes with foglights, chrome exhaust, reverse assist (which you dont get on any other model i think) bluetooth system.....

In the end it looks like i wont be able to get the Sport unless i fork out extra money....prob 6 grand in fact...im just wondering whether its worth the price i have to pay, dad doesnt think so...at the end of the day the sport is 10k more expensive...what im asking is, is it really worth 10k more...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 EuroLux07
    Quote Originally Posted by tinymoon View Post
    I voted for FD2, if i can afford and turn back the time i would have chosen FD2, currently FD1 VTI-L.
    Reasons: In term of power: much much more and driving experience is completely different with padle shift.
    much much more? its only 10kw...and the FD2 weighs 100kg more

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    for an extra 5-6k youll get

2.0l engine
    leather trim/seat/steering wheel
    paddle shifter
    steering audio control
    electric assist steering system
    sunroof
    side mirror with indicator
    variable intermittent wipers
    17" rims
    6 stack cd changer
    full size alloy spare wheel

btw DIY re-upholstering seats is not easy...take note about the side airbags installed on the seats...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    i own fd1 manual vti. reason i got this one instead of fd2 sport is
    1. MONEY! (might as well buy accord euro K24!)
    2. no steering wheel control, no 6 stack cd so i can replace it with a double din gps unit with everything in the car still works
    3. hub caps which i changed to new alloys in 15 minutes of owning the car
    4. no chrome exhaust pipe finisher which i changed my exhaust to J's Racing
    5. K20 vs R18?have u test drive it?has no big difference even Ryan finds it hard to keep up with my fd1)
    6. There are more mods out there for FD1 and R18A in Australia
    7. I HATE leather seats as u slide around in it around corners
    8. No alarm which allows to me install aftermarket better alarm with window closer and boot release and other things

Thats all i can think of

Lim ED Vs standard?
    Id get the Lim ED reasons:
    1. BLUETOOTH!(its very important and it works really good the Honda ones like the one in my Jazz, y get fined for talking on the phone?)
    2. FOGGIES (they are not cheap if u decide to do it later!)
    3. Tailored mats(well they should come standard in any brand new car anyway)
    4. Reverse sensor ( to make you look like a crap driver)
    LOL!

now, recaros, in any car now in civic wise, you going to find the same problem when installing recaros
    because the side airbags

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    I have to admit the MAIN reason I chose an FD2 over an FD1 is the R18 engine looks