Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    3rd gen prelude

Engine swap on 3rd gen lude

Hey.

I'm currently in the process of swapping engines on my 3rd gen prelude (my current engine died.. t_t.. had problems with not enough oil getting into the cam shaft and one thing led to another) and i found an engine from a 4th gen (h23) but it's automatic and mine's manual.. could i just get an adapter plate for the transmission? Or would there be more involved and would i be better off just buying a replacement engine (current is b20a)?

Let me know plz ^^; thanks.

You'd be better of getting a new b20a, thats what i did when my previous engine had had enough, mine was an automatic to an automatic simple transfer basically.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    You could do a H22 swap since theres parts produced for the swap. However it isn't cheap.

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=288172
    mugen無限power

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    3rd gen prelude
    Yeah that's basically my two options, it'd be simpler just to get a new b20a engine because as you said it's just a simple transfer.. But the h22 is so tempting *drools* lol..Yeah i'm not so concerned about the money aspect, it's just a lot of work for me and my friends to do lol. so I guess in the end it's down to whether i wanna put in a lot of work on it or just swap it over done and done. I'm going to look at engines tomorrow. whatever i do i'll throw some pics up of the work haha =p
    thanks guys ^^

b20a is an engine, h22a you'll need the engine and alot more, but as you said if money is fine go for it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    3rd gen prelude
    Yeah.. Well a friend of mine thinks he might be able to help me throw the h23a in =D which will be good because i'm getting it for $300 and a b20a is like roughly $600-$700.. I'm working it all out this weekend haha, any suggestions?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Heres one in the US with a H23 swap, and refer to the post I made above (with the link) for the parts you'll need for the swap. Good luck.
    http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=331907
    mugen無限power

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGenPrelude View Post
    Hey.

I'm currently in the process of swapping engines on my 3rd gen prelude (my current engine died.. t_t.. had problems with not enough oil getting into the cam shaft and one thing led to another) and i found an engine from a 4th gen (h23) but it's automatic and mine's manual.. could i just get an adapter plate for the transmission? Or would there be more involved and would i be better off just buying a replacement engine (current is b20a)?

Let me know plz ^^; thanks.
    If you're worried about money, forget any swaps etc....

Buy a manual halfcut so u get all the bits!

Should be quite cheap nowadays!
    Last edited by Nepolian; 28-06-2010 at 09:31 PM. Reason: oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    If you're worried about money, forget any swaps etc....

Buy a manual halfcut so u get all the bits!

Should be quite cheap nowadays!
    aggred. if you want to keep the car in future and would want the extra power then yes a swap will be awsome. but then agian its all bout the budget.

hope you make the right choice

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2 type R
    H22a is a much bigger engine and weight alot more. so after swap, it be alot quicker,, but your corners... em....

jaybot is correct

since by the sounds of your budget you arent going to go out and buy new shocks, struts, suspension etc so you might want to take what hes saying into account

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    i dont think the h22 weighs much more, its just sits higher up/foward
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe