Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

How much is a type r front conversion?

hi guys a have a 96 vti-r and im thinkn bout doing a type r front conversion coz i love the look so bad and i cant afford a type r ryt now lol ... so yea how much am i looking at?
    _____ it dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile .... winning's winning _____

Not much if you look hard, $400 MAX front bar $200 MAX headlights

i think the headlights go around 400ish.. dont know about the front bar

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    oh wow really, i always thot it cost like 1500 coz i think thats how much a guy i noe paid ... maybe hes exaggerating :S
    _____ it dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile .... winning's winning _____

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    are you talking about the JDM Front or AUDM lol.
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Quote Originally Posted by blackk View Post
    i think the headlights go around 400ish.. dont know about the front bar
    Lol ..... screw that are u serious ? I got mine for under $100 and I would bought another pair for $150 where are you guys looking this is AUDM btw

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJDM. View Post
    are you talking about the JDM Front or AUDM lol.
    audm bro hehe ... is it really that cheap?? coz im pretty sure it cost like 1500 all up for a guy i noe

JDM = around 1.5-2.5k installed (parts, labour, paiting)
    AUDM = From pre face to face, its only hieadlights and front bar that need changing, and u can get them dirt cheap. the front bar aint a "type R" front bar, its just a facelift front bar, find that for around 300, headlights find it for 150, front lip around same price as front bar.. the lips the only thing that makes it "type R", should all up cost you under 1k with painting.

the audm will cost a lot more if ur getting parts straight from honda brand new.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    JDM = around 1.5-2.5k installed (parts, labour, paiting)
    AUDM = From pre face to face, its only hieadlights and front bar that need changing, and u can get them dirt cheap. the front bar aint a "type R" front bar, its just a facelift front bar, find that for around 300, headlights find it for 150, front lip around same price as front bar.. the lips the only thing that makes it "type R", should all up cost you under 1k with painting.

the audm will cost a lot more if ur getting parts straight from honda brand new.
    oh oks ... um soo ur saying that the front of a 99 dc2 vti-r is exactly the same as a 99 type r except the lip?? the type r front seemed more chunky to me :S

whats a jdm front bar? is that when it doesnt havve those moulds?

yes that what im saying, there is no "type R" front bar, its just a 98+ honda integra front bar, all GSi VTiR Type R from 98 have the same front bar. the type R just has the lip.

wtf blackk that EK9 front bar+lip, or either EJ8 front bar with EK9 lip.

jdm integra is a different front end. just look up jdm dc2r you wil get the idea
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by blackk View Post
    whats a jdm front bar? is that when it doesnt havve those moulds?

its the jap version, JDM front is the one with the rectangular headlights as to the auspec having the round headlights.