Question CRX Noob Story and questions.

As the story goes, when my partner fell pregnant, we needed a family car, she had the CRX, and i had an astra, for a trade in she was offered 1k. short story there, we now have a family car and the astra went.

My youngest brother was really interested in cars / custom rides and really wanted to get into the scene, so we gave him the car as an incentive which only needed new rims and a master break cylinder and it was g2g. 3 years on he's an apprentice panel beater now, and still hasn't touched the car, so we're going to reclaim it, and sort it out, and now it'll become the daddy mobile...

You'll have to bear with me I'm nothing fantastic with car terminology / understanding / etc., but with some patience and guidance, I'm hoping to learn a lot

I'm currently in Mt Isa and the Car's in Broken Hill, Still needs the wheel and master cylinder + paint job, so photo's aren't really possible atm, but I could work something out if needed etc. From what, I can work out it appears that the car's a 94 Del Sol, I'm assuming this from the research that, I've done with the VIN number etc. But there lays some of my issues, the VIN number doesn't match up properly to any of the decoders, to give exacts.... Any help here would be great as I'd like to see what's i've got to work with etc. (JHMEG21800S200***) also, is the engine a B16A or A2? the engine number on the rego is B16A2120** wasn't sure if the 2 after the A was part of the serial or not.

I know that the cars had some mods done to it, but she bought it cause it looked 'cool' as she put it, and doesn't know what was done. I can't see it to check shit out etc. All I know is that, it's lowed with B/kit and a NSW licence JUST fits under it if you hold it on the sides (no room for fingers on top) It's got 17's and custom interior (which she had done).

What's a good place to start with mods if it's all stock inside etc?

Thanks in advance.

Shannon
    Last edited by Shopi; 10-06-2010 at 04:09 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    B16A2 is the code, it will be stamped on the block. EG2 is a Del Sol.
    If some one wanted to hand me a Del Sol 3 years ago, oh gawd I'd be a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_EG4 View Post
    B16A2 is the code, it will be stamped on the block. EG2 is a Del Sol.
    If some one wanted to hand me a Del Sol 3 years ago, oh gawd I'd be a happy camper.
    lol, when I was 16 and someone gave me a free car, I'd be stoked, doing what I could to get it on the road let alone a sick arse ride!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    If I was given a B16A2 Del Sol for my first car I'd shit myself with excitement lol