Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    If you really want a twin loop then go for it mate. Obviously it'll cost a bit more than what the exhaust shop quoted you - plus you need to pay for shipping and installation once you get it. Bang for buck the cheaper option is to go with exhaust ship IMO - but a twin loop does look pretty cool... (youtube it for sounds clips :-D) what's the idea of the twin loop anyway?
    Oh, and this is an old clip of my EK when I just had my sports muffler put on (haven't done a new one with full exhaust... i'll get to it someday lol):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtTidaCGdFw
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 EK Civic CXi
    Woah, very nice sound mate. What muffler is that? And how much?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by awaiken View Post
    Woah, very nice sound mate. What muffler is that? And how much?
    Thanks mate - yeh, it's a Hi-Tech sports muffler (http://www.hitechmufflers.com.au/home.php) it was a lil expensive $350 installed, but cause i only drive the car on weekends i wanted something that was going to last & not rust out cause doesn't get a run everyday - so came with 10 year warranty + they claim all their mufflers are proven dyno tested...

Really depends on ur budget tho, next time (if there is one lol) i would have saved up more and just gone for the full system rather than go back again... oh well, live and learn. But I'm very happy with it, sounds nice and deep now with hi-flo cat and 2 inch piping back to muffler :-)
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 EK Civic CXi
    Ah fair cop. Yeah, i've only got about $120 or so to play with each fortnight after bills and stuff. So i'll probably grab that muffler and get it put on the following fortnight. I have no worries waiting =)

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Get the ebay one and report back and tell us how it sounds! =D

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    Get the ebay one and report back and tell us how it sounds! =D
    yep, keep us in the 'loop' mate ;-)
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Lol!!!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 EK Civic CXi
    Hahahaha, that's what i meant, i'm grabbing the ebay one. Could be a few weeks though! Just quit tafe hahahahaha. Back on centerlink wages D=

Member Array
    Car:
    97 EK Civic
    Resurrecting an older thread, but thought it would be better than starting another.

I'm in the same boat as OP was (apprentice wage, only have a EK1 D16Y4) & don't see the point in doing the whole lot considering there be little to no power increase (which would even be pointless on a d16y4) & am only after a 'better' sound. My EK is just for show. Did the OP ever get around to this? Or has anyone done this since?

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceZiggy View Post
    Resurrecting an older thread, but thought it would be better than starting another.

I'm in the same boat as OP was (apprentice wage, only have a EK1 D16Y4) & don't see the point in doing the whole lot considering there be little to no power increase (which would even be pointless on a d16y4) & am only after a 'better' sound. My EK is just for show. Did the OP ever get around to this? Or has anyone done this since?

Got a replica twinloop on my ek. It does give it a much deeper tone than the stock pea shooter and it looks nice too. Its not even close to 'tinny' as brought up in discussion..
    team grade A

Member Array
    Car:
    97 EK Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    Got a replica twinloop on my ek. It does give it a much deeper tone than the stock pea shooter and it looks nice too. Its not even close to 'tinny' as brought up in discussion..
    Stock 1.75" piping throughout, yeah?

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    Just keep your stock one on there exhaust on a d series will never do shit even if any shop says so
    better to spend it on suspension mods