Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    has anyone tried bond roll bars (nsw)? If he doesnt already have the specs for an s2000
    if you went there without the soft top on so he had access, and some pictures of other rollbars for s2ks, im sure he would be able to easily spec it up and be able to make a half cage for a decent price.

FYI my bolt in half cage for my 180sx was around 600 a few years back. and it was the first 180sx he did, so he did a custom fit at no extra charge. I think his prices have gone up since then but you are sure to get change from 1k for a bolt in.

theyre built to CAMS specs too.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by aozora View Post
    Cusco as stated, is not accepted under any racing regulatory body that I know of, simply because the piping diameter is too small, the bends in the structure, use of bolts on removeable piping etc.
    This is correct, only certain tubing dimensions and bolt types are allowed. One point in particular, CAMS regulations stipulate that only one bend is allowed in the front roll bar. If you look at the Cusco cages often found in S2000s, there are two. This weakens the structure of the bar, making it more prone to collapse during a roll-over.

Quote Originally Posted by aozora View Post
    But as far as I know, "removeable" diagonal braces and harness mounts are not permitted through CAMS
    The diagonals are actually allowed to be removable, but they need to be installed during competition.

I agree that having a roll bar or half cage provides an extra level of protection, even for the street. Except if it's designed like most of the Cusco cages of course. But yes, good for bling though!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    I was just going by what Jon said about his one (pictured above by Vyets as "remixed"). I know he wasn't sure (at the time about 4 days prior to SuperLap) if it would pass the regulations due to the fact the weld location on the lower side of the diagonal wasn't weld to the apex (by apex I mean base where it mounts & bolts to the chassis) but rather was welded an inch or 2 higher.
    Yeh, I know it's a picture of his car - don't worry I've seen it plenty of times I think he was just echoing sentiment from the cage builder. It would arguably be stronger if the diagonal was welded to the same corner on the main bar, but CAMS regulations actually allows you to mount the diagonal within 100mm of the feet. Besides, I was primarily responding to your agreeance with the comment below, which is incorrect, if not, misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by thebob View Post
    Those hard dog ones are for LHD. This is shown by the high point of the diagonal bar highest point on the left side. Above the drivers head. In RHD it will be on the wrong side and in the event you end up on your roof you will be as crushco as cusco.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    No Ben a Hardtop is not enough.. well not for this mx5 anyway Poor guy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMmjaaSQP08

Drive to NSW and get a custom Bond cage made ben
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    How much are the Bonds cages?

To negate everything I said about the Crushco... well this is Safety 21 (same design but made of steel instead of chromoly)

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9large View Post
    Yeh, I know it's a picture of his car - don't worry I've seen it plenty of times I think he was just echoing sentiment from the cage builder. It would arguably be stronger if the diagonal was welded to the same corner on the main bar, but CAMS regulations actually allows you to mount the diagonal within 100mm of the feet. Besides, I was primarily responding to your agreeance with the comment below, which is incorrect, if not, misleading.
    I never said anything about getting complianced or engerneered. I was commenting on the fact the diagonal is on the wrong side.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I never said anything about getting complianced or engerneered. I was commenting on the fact the diagonal is on the wrong side.
    That's true.

Those hard dog ones are for LHD. This is shown by the high point of the diagonal bar highest point on the left side. Above the drivers head. In RHD it will be on the wrong side and in the event you end up on your roof you will be as crushco as cusco.
    However, you suggested that the Hard Dog roll bars are for LHD only, and that it would be irrelevant for those with RHD vehicles as the diagonal would be on the wrong side. The implication being that it was unsuitable or unavailable for Australian/RHD vehicles. This is obviously not true.

My comments relating to the compliancing were directed at comments suggesting that the Hard Dog roll bar would be useless and unsuitable for track-work. This is also, not true.

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    Holy shit vyets that video was intense!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    that crash video is intense! you almost feel as if your in the car as it happens. Lucky the guy was wearing a helmet

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9large View Post
    However, you suggested that the Hard Dog roll bars are for LHD only, and that it would be irrelevant for those with RHD vehicles as the diagonal would be on the wrong side. The implication being that it was unsuitable or unavailable for Australian/RHD vehicles. This is obviously not true.

My comments relating to the compliancing were directed at comments suggesting that the Hard Dog roll bar would be useless and unsuitable for track-work. This is also, not true.
    I also didnt say you werent able to use it. I simply said the diagonal is on the wrong side and in the event of a tip over it will not be all that different from cusco. IMO it would probably hold up better then cusco, but in the perfect world you want that diagonal high side to be behind your head.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Fair enough; it's all good mate. Btw, nice time at QR on the weekend