Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    S2Krazy Array
    one on ebay a few weeks ago for $500. Missed out.

Neither Cusco nor Hard Dog are track compliant, so both are useless IMO.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    one on ebay a few weeks ago for $500. Missed out.

Neither Cusco nor Hard Dog are track compliant, so both are useless IMO.
    Brad, which ones are?

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    Those hard dog ones are for LHD. This is shown by the high point of the diagonal bar highest point on the left side. Above the drivers head. In RHD it will be on the wrong side and in the event you end up on your roof you will be as crushco as cusco.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

S2Krazy Array
    ^ What Bobby said.

The diagonal cross bar is on the wrong side.
    From memory the cross bar is welded in the wrong spot on the lower weld too, you'd have to confirm that with someone like Fireball or Chris Barry on s2ki though as I'm not 100% positive of the exact positioning its required to be for CAMS.
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Do they mke just a harness bar for the s2k, instead of a roll cage.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    USDM

REMIXED!!
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    ^ What Bobby said.

The diagonal cross bar is on the wrong side.
    From memory the cross bar is welded in the wrong spot on the lower weld too, you'd have to confirm that with someone like Fireball or Chris Barry on s2ki though as I'm not 100% positive of the exact positioning its required to be for CAMS.
    Brad, when you order the Hard Dog roll bar, you can select several options, including reversing the diagonal. No matter what roll bar or cage setup you use, it needs to be approved for compliance by a certified engineer in Australia. Typically compliance is to satisfy ADR or CAMS regulations.

The Hard Dog roll bar is ok, but the reasons why the Cusco cages aren't known to be great - for serious trackers - involve the design and construction of the cage. Note that the Cusco chromoly cages are not approved in Japan or the SCCA of the US. The Hard Dog roll bar, however, is.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Not 100% on this one, but i think CAMS require a welded in cage, no bolts in's. Correct me if i'm wrong?!?!
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by JAP-S2K View Post
    Not 100% on this one, but i think CAMS require a welded in cage, no bolts in's. Correct me if i'm wrong?!?!
    It doesn't have to be, but the main issue here concerns the compliance of the mounting - the feet, the reinforcement plates, and bolts.

S2Krazy Array
    I was just going by what Jon said about his one (pictured above by Vyets as "remixed"). I know he wasn't sure (at the time about 4 days prior to SuperLap) if it would pass the regulations due to the fact the weld location on the lower side of the diagonal wasn't weld to the apex (by apex I mean base where it mounts & bolts to the chassis) but rather was welded an inch or 2 higher.
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000

Reply!

Unfortunately due to the rarity of people actually hitting the track with the S2K here, local workshops don't have much experience with constructing/designing the roll bars so the cost of getting one made locally is quite excessive (Was quoted well over 1k at a few places).

My main concern personally isn't so much CAMS compliance but general safety. The roll hoops in the S2K don't reach high enough to satisfy my concerns about my head going missing in the event of a roll over... I can't remember who, but somebody has purchased a "standard" Hard dog roll bar then had the appropriate diagonal welded in locally to satisfy CAMS requirements, so that's always an option later.
    So at present, personally I'm not that concerned with CAMS requirements... as I'm not racing in any categories for a while But as far as I know, "removeable" diagonal braces and harness mounts are not permitted through CAMS... if anybody feels like reading the regulations, feel free, they're quite extensive If CAMS want a welded in roll bar... personally I'd probably forget about entering any CAMS events as it pretty much means, your car can't be returned to stock all too easily.

Cusco as stated, is not accepted under any racing regulatory body that I know of, simply because the piping diameter is too small, the bends in the structure, use of bolts on removeable piping etc. I've seen pictures of it surviving a roll over (The Safety 21 version anyway) but I'd rather have the option of perhaps using it for CAMS events later... which it clearly will not ever be and also knowing that if my head does bounce around in a roll over, that there aren't bolts protruding for my head to impale itself on Posers... rock on.

The strange thing that I don't understand, is that under the WTAC 2010 requirements, a Hard top was sufficient?? When I'm somewhat sure that a hard top will struggle to stay intact during a roll over... can anybody add to this? Because if a hard top will suffice, that might be a better option for me personally... or perhaps getting lower seats so my head isn't so high up...

PS: Vyets is gay and enjoys Honda povo fanboy love. Hahah <3

S2Krazy Array
    Personally, I'd go with your last 2 options being that I, like you, am quite tall @ 190cms and that your not concerned with racing regulations.

BYS Low down seat rails go on Yahoo JP regularly enough to keep an eye out. BYS rails are hte lowest rails on the S2K market, followed by genuine Mugens, however Mugens don't fit OEM seats like BYS rails do being that they are side mount.
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...