Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec

what do i need to do a b16a conversion on my 94 vti?

hey guys,

im looking into doing an engine conversion. but due to a lack of funds, i want to put in an engine that will require the least amount of modifications to the stock setup..

im pretty keen on a b16a, as ive heard that all i have to change is the engine and ecu.. is that all ill need to change? will i need to replace the gearbox, brakes, drive shafts etc? (sorry im such a noob loll) can somone who has done this to a vti explain exactly what needs to be changed for the car to be complete? also how much would this conversion cost me if i was to get it done by a mechanic?

at the moment i have a d16y1 with CAI and custom exhaust but i dont feel its worth modding any further.. and plus i love the DOHC vtec crossover XD hahah

cheers guys

and sorry if this has been asked before i did a brief search but couldnt find exactly what i was after.
    Last edited by cihanvtec; 17-06-2010 at 04:24 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    you say u lack funds, but u want to do it at the mechanic. sounds like its really out of your budget. really depends on how lucky you are and who you know, i seen b18c2 into eg for 3k. but all mates rates, u be looking at 3-5k for a b16a half cut with todays prices. search harder because its covered EVERYWHERE, its even covered in a STICKY in the CIVIC forum. so look around
    Last edited by duzy; 18-06-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    my conversion came close to $3000, b18c2 n ys1 LSD gearbox into a DA9 integra

im pretty sure if you find a b16a engine/gearbox n loom it fits straight in..
    you can do it yourself, i did with help of friends

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    thanks guys.. so all i need is loom, gearbox and b16a ecu? ive decided ill do it myself with the help of a few apprentice mechanic friends!! loll

Member Array
    Car:
    Skateboard
    yes b16 fast for u and cots 35000

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTIR
    I had an engine conversion on my 92 Civic SI sedan 7 years ago. I bought a frontcut from Sydney with about 8x,xxxx kms on the clock. It costed $2.5k + $300 for shipping to my door. If I were you, I would be looking at a front cut as well. Costed me another 1.5k for a mechanic to drop it in. This included compression test, new clutch, service, timing belt etc etc. You will get a whole lot more than just buying the enginer, loom, gearbox which is basically all you need for a conversion. It is a straight drop in. Even the engine mounts are the same I think. Well it is for the SI since it is a B18 block. As I was saying, with front cut you can get the following.

- The nice white cluster which has the 8000 red line.
    - You may also be able to get the brakes if it hasnt seized. They are bigger than the Si / VTi brakes. I believe it is the same size as the EK4s.
    - You also get the climate control which doesn't come in any of the EG / EK series in Aus
    - Spare headlights (I think they use HB4A or something weird that is hard to get)
    - Alot of spare parts if you can be bothered stripping it down.

I ended up selling the car for $6500.
    Last edited by dciisir; 27-06-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2014 NSX
    Quote Originally Posted by dciisir View Post
    I had an engine conversion on my 92 Civic SI sedan 7 years ago. I bought a frontcut from Sydney with about 8x,xxxx kms on the clock. It costed $2.5k + $300 for shipping to my door. If I were you, I would be looking at a front cut as well. Costed me another 1.5k for a mechanic to drop it in. This included compression test, new clutch, service, timing belt etc etc. You will get a whole lot more than just buying the enginer, loom, gearbox which is basically all you need for a conversion. It is a straight drop in. Even the engine mounts are the same I think. Well it is for the SI since it is a B18 block. As I was saying, with front cut you can get the following.

- The nice white cluster which has the 8000 red line.
    - You may also be able to get the brakes if it hasnt seized. They are bigger than the Si / VTi brakes. I believe it is the same size as the EK4s.
    - You also get the climate control which doesn't come in any of the EG / EK series in Aus
    - Spare headlights (I think they use HB4A or something weird that is hard to get)
    - Alot of spare parts if you can be bothered stripping it down.

I ended up selling the car for $6500.
    did you end up buying the halfcut from ebay or somethign ? :S

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTIR
    Nah it wasnt off ebay. It was one of those places that sell front cuts. I forgot the name of the place but I got it from the Hot 4s magazine back in the days. The halfcut I got was an EG6.

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    @ dciirir

cheers mate thats the info i needed! thanks alot! i think ill be looking for a half cut very soon! thanks again