Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 civic cxi

D16Y4 Turbo kit ( i understand this has been brought up abit)

Hey Guys,

im new to the Car Modifing scene and have been out of the car scene for a few years. i currently own a 1996 Honda Civic cxi hatchback which is in unreal condition and low k's. Within the next few weeks ill be looking to modify it with the usual bodykit, rims, suspension, turbo and a few other things; the point of this post is to clarify a few things (older posts are dated to far back) and make sure im going in the right direction.

I understand that alot of people do go with the Peakboost turbo kit as it seems to be realible at 7psi on stock internals. what are the pros and cons with going with peakboost? who supplies this either within brisbane or other states are fine.

With the other posts that i have come across they mainly talk about what they are going to do to the engine and thats about it. with adding this turbo kit on, would i be looking at upgrading the gearbox and clutch to cope with this? would i need to upgrade the CV joints? is there anything else running gear wise which i will need to upgrade?

i know there are some basic questions however i was not able to find answers for these.

i hope someone is able to help me.

Dylan
    Last edited by ek lover; 19-06-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 civic cxi
    if noone is wanting to put input as its been covered so many times - who are thereputable tuners in brisbane that i could personally go down and talk to? i live in the north side..

Please someone point me in the right direction.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    the only auth dealer is Akmotorwork and are in Melb but they can post the kit out to u.

the pros is that u would very close to double or a bit over (like my self) ur current power.

cons the the kit is a bit on the expensive side

theres no need to upgrade the gearbox really as im still running stock.

i do suggest changing the clutch and flywheel as u will need the clutch to hold the new power.

CV joints u can leave stock unless urs are rooted otherwise theres no point.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 civic cxi
    Thanks for your input man i appreciate this.

Yeah i will definately go with peakboost then, ill get in contact with akmotorworks and get this organized.

Okay awesome so i can practically leave the running gear all the same - clutch and flywheel; is there a particular brand you could recommend to me, or should i do some research in that area? oh also i have noticed that some people put in LSD's, for a everyday driver and not seeking massive horsepower would i need to bother going with one?

If you guys are interested im more then happy to put photos up of my progress?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    no need to put in an LSD unless thats what you want or you have the extra money. you will need a decent clutch to hold the extra power and an aftermarket computer to control it all, dont skimp out because it will cost you more in the end, you will should also invest into an upgraded fuel pump as well.

i have a brand new excedy cusioned button clutch kit i was going to put in my D16 turbo and i have an 500hp drop in walbro fuel pump that i dont need anymore if your looking at getting somthing just PM me
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 civic cxi
    okay no worries, if i dont need to then i probably wont; down the track if i want to i will. yeah most definately, i wont skimp out on what i need cause it will bite me in the arse down the track.

ill keep that in mind, ill post here my progress and see what you guys think

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    off topic slightly, how much does akmotor warez sell there kits for D-series motors? this includes ecu, wiring harness, fuel pump etc.....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 civic cxi
    im not really to sure - when i hear back from them i will let you know

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by ek lover View Post
    Thanks for your input man i appreciate this.

Yeah i will definately go with peakboost then, ill get in contact with akmotorworks and get this organized.

Okay awesome so i can practically leave the running gear all the same - clutch and flywheel; is there a particular brand you could recommend to me, or should i do some research in that area? oh also i have noticed that some people put in LSD's, for a everyday driver and not seeking massive horsepower would i need to bother going with one?

If you guys are interested im more then happy to put photos up of my progress?
    like LFB said no need for LSD, spend it on the EMS and fuel system to get it running good.

yeah throw up some pics of the build
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 civic cxi
    thanks for your advise - ill look to get a decent ems and fuel system; i want to get it right the first time.

I have sent a email to 999 Automotive just to enquire about a few things. when i get a quote ill post it here to see what you guys think. anyone in brisbane used these guys, are there work decent?

Ill also put up some photo of my ride and its current progress

Appreciate everyones help so far

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    peakboost kit for a d-series your looking at this much to reach 130kw atw.

peakboost kit 5850, neptune 1450, injectors 550, fuel pump 220

labour - 1250 normally, 1000 if your purchasing the stuff through us.

AK
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 civic cxi
    Thanks quangsuke,

Ive sent a email to AK Motorwork for a quote on some parts - i guess ill wait for tomorrow for a reply; do you work for them? If so what would be the actual part names you have listed there? i gather those amounts are rough pricing?

Unfortunately i dont live in melbourne so i would need to get the parts shipped to me and find someone to install it.

Thanks for your input - ill get some photos of my car tomorrow.