Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    UPDATE: got my car back from the mechanics today, I don't think they even bothered with anything except a quick "look". so I'm quite disappointed and I'm not even gonna bother with mechanics anymore, around here they're all lazy and don't do good work.

However I did get one piece of information, they said it's a possibility that the water pump or a part of it is making that noise. (they said they didn't have enough time to take off the timing cover to inspect it, but they had my car from 8:30am to 6:00pm.)

This may be true, and while I'm at it (if I can even find someone who can help me do this, hardly anyone knows about hondas in canberra) I might replace the timing tensioner as I have a brand new one sitting on my desk anyway.

Has anyone heard of water pumps playing up/failing and making noises like a spun bearing? :S
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    Revelation I was driving with my car window down the other day and decided to jump the line at the lights. Anyways I noticed that the sound was favouring the driver's side of the engine, it might be me but I think you maybe onto something with the timing belt and possibly a loose bearing somewhere in the vicinity. Hope that helps, further investigations to follow.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    lucky, lol. I can't hear the noise in my car if the windows are down. but yeah I've been thinking it has to be something in that area, only problem for me here is that to get the timing cover off is a BIG job, involving removing engine mount, harmonic balancer etc.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015