Thread: 14's vs 15's

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D

14's vs 15's

ive been driving my eg for a while and of thinking whether i should

a. replace my tyres on my 14's
    b. buy 15's with new tyres

would handling be better if i went one or the other?
    would it even matter?

please help.
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    go 15's for the better tire selections

i would go for 15s as you get better tyre choice

just go 15's

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    but for handling wise. which one would be better?
    i understand you get ALOT more tyre choices and thats a good point, but have you guys personally driven on 14's.

i have never driven with 15's, my other eg is rocking 17's and my current one has 14's.
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

ran 14s on my first civic many years ago, running 15s on my eg5 now. if u get decent tyres, say high end yokos, goodyear, dunlop, then u wont notice much difference at all. basically boils down to appearance and choices

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    theres nothing wrong with 14's, from a performance p.o.v, its better, because theres less rolling resistance, and also that rim/tire choice is factory choice, so it must be that size for a reason...
    Running on my stock 14's ages ago, the car felt light and nimble, steering was probs to light for my liking, not enough weight.... since swapping to 16's, it has made it alot better

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    thanks for the input guys. gonna replace my daily rims to 15's and try find semis for the 14's for track. honestly thanks guys =D
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    no prbs man, i dont think they make semi's that size id imagine, i think 15's is the smallest you can get, and that like 195/50R15 or so....
    Oh btw, u are phongs mate yea? cant remeber, lol the guy who has red EK4 with wide 15's

There are R-compounds in 195/60/14 (R888 for example). 15" has much better selection of street tyres. If you've got two sets of rims, keep the 14's for daily driving due to the cheap cost of tyres.

Regardless, if your rims are only 6" wide, you'll notice a bigger performance difference going wider rather than larger diameter.
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    no prbs man, i dont think they make semi's that size id imagine, i think 15's is the smallest you can get, and that like 195/50R15 or so....
    Oh btw, u are phongs mate yea? cant remeber, lol the guy who has red EK4 with wide 15's
    yes i am =D
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    There are R-compounds in 195/60/14 (R888 for example). 15" has much better selection of street tyres. If you've got two sets of rims, keep the 14's for daily driving due to the cheap cost of tyres.

Regardless, if your rims are only 6" wide, you'll notice a bigger performance difference going wider rather than larger diameter.
    i understand waht your saying but wouldn't it make more sense to use 14's for semis as i would change the rare tyre size less compared to daily?
    or is it the other way around.....
    EG5 1.6L SOHC