Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline

CL9 Clutch Issue

Ok so the clutch in my euro is playing up. I've done a search but can't find anything that relates. While driving the car the clutch looses pressure as if there is a leak somewhere and air is getting in. It always changes depending how I am driving. Such as on the highway just cruising at 110 the clutch will loose heaps of pressure and will become hard too select gears. After a bit of normal driving and use of the clutch it becomes better but not 100% still.

I have had the clutch slave cylinder changed, since is had a bit of a leak, and had the clutch bled (which the mechanic found no leaks) but still I have the problem. What else could it be? Master cylinder seems too be fine with no leaks.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Bleed the clutch again. Is the bite point close to the floor? If it is, then the push rod might also need adjustment if bleeding it again doesn't help.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Yeh the bite point is very close to the floor. Thanks ill give that a try

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    I think I might suffer from this as well, coupled along with the creaking clutch (which never seems to go away for more than a few days no matter how much lubricant spray I use) it makes the car an unpleasant experience to drive!

I also find that my clutch is very stiff compared to other manual euros, but is also sometimes very soft (almost seems like its soft when the car is cold and stiff when it warms up). It doesn't seem like the clutch is slipping or anything, anyone have any ideas?

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    I've never had the creaking clutch yet lol. My clutch is fine until freeway driving then that when it looses pressure. It makes the car very unpleasant too drive. Almost the point where it is hard too select gears

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Bleed the clutch again. Is the bite point close to the floor? If it is, then the push rod might also need adjustment if bleeding it again doesn't help.
    Where abouts is the push rod located?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by white_ep3_civic View Post
    Where abouts is the push rod located?
    Just behind the clutch pedal. It's the rod that goes into the master cylinder. There is a locking nut on it on the pedal side. Once you loosen the locking nut, you can rotate the push rod in and out of the master cylinder. To move the bite point upwards, you want to turn the rod so that it goes into the master cylinder, thus shortening the rod. You also want to keep about 3cm worth of floppy clutch pedal at the top of the pedal travel. That will prevent the clutch from being ridden.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Just behind the clutch pedal. It's the rod that goes into the master cylinder. There is a locking nut on it on the pedal side. Once you loosen the locking nut, you can rotate the push rod in and out of the master cylinder. To move the bite point upwards, you want to turn the rod so that it goes into the master cylinder, thus shortening the rod. You also want to keep about 3cm worth of floppy clutch pedal at the top of the pedal travel. That will prevent the clutch from being ridden.
    I don't think it's the push rod. Today the clutch felt completely normal. Exactly the way it is meant too feel. The bite was mid way and it had about 2-3cm of play at the top. Prob just need too bleed the lines again.