Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 04

Exclamation [MUST SEE] Euro 04 Door Lock Autuator/Central Locking issue

Update

After speaking with Head office, they said "I have no claim to apply for Good Will".

Basically, Good Will is a policy that is only provided to customers who have had their car serviced at a Honda Dealer.

Obviously this has made me furious, we are looking for People to Sign there name to the Petition about this problem!
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/HONDAisLiable

It'll help us put Honda Back in their place.

LOL Thanks to the guys who have already signed the Petition. Although, having signatures like 'Fat Slut' wont do us any good! Please connect with Facebook to ensure that Honda see that you are a real person!

----------------

Are you an Owner of an 04 Accord Euro (Also, the Forums report of 05,06's having this problem)?
    Have you been experiencing sluggish door lock/unlock on your driver side and/or passenger side doors?
    Or have they stopped working all together?

Your not alone.
    In fact, if you do a quick search, you'll find that there a many cases like this.

Honda has really disappointed all their 04 Euro Owners who have experienced this problem.
    With many being slugged upwards of $300 to get one door fixed.

Well it stops now!

I have formally made a complaint to Honda Australia regarding this issue.
    When speaking to them on the phone, amazingly, there has not been one reported complaint about this issue before me.

Just from seeing the forums, I can see that there are many who are frustrated with Honda, and have opt-ed to go with a DIY aftermarket job to save $$. (This is probably why they have no records of this).

When speaking to the representative, he said that there is a process called 'Good Will', which all Honda Dealers must adhere to when requested by the customer.

Basically, when quoted, the car will assessed by Honda Representatives from head office, and if it qualifies, Honda will pay for some, or all of the cost of repair.

Obviously, If i were to continue this campaign alone I would not succeed, as they'd probably say it's 'wear and tare', and not a factory fault.

Anyone who is experiencing this problem and does not want to be punished for a factory fault, PLEASE Contact Honda And complain.

Email them:
    http://www.honda.com.au/contact-us.aspx
    Or Call them:
    1800 804 954

And if you have repaired this issue in the past, please, log a complaint and help everyone out!

PM me for More information about the issue!
    Last edited by mofolo; 23-07-2010 at 01:10 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MX5 + 180sx
    Currently having this issue in my 05 euro

Will email them now

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    alot of people have had problems.... ive had the problem and fixed it with a new actuator... i think we should all get some massive letter together and sign it with all the problems known by us all which are warranty issues not just wear and tear...
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 04
    The more people we have writing/calling about this issue, the more likely Honda Will adhere to their 'Good Will' Policy.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Good on you for actually going higher with this rather than bitching on a forum (i think i did until i fixed it lol) i will email them as well, as mine just went and cost $360 or something like that for repair.
    Honda Accord Euro

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Accord Euro luxury
    Tried tht link 2 times trying to email them about my 04' where both doors are faulty.
    i got to the submit and both times it redirects u to some error page tht advertises their stupid asismo robot!! ahh
    Cmon honda!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    Good on you Mofolo for actually making a complaint to Honda. Surprised that no one had ever lodge a complaint to them. Well I have done that so just waiting to see if they actually will reply.
    I hope Honda do assist us all with getting the central locks fixed. $300+ for each door is too expensive especially now I need two locks fixed on my car.
    Anyone in Perth replaced their locks themselves? If Honda can't assist then I may need someone to assist me with this.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 04
    Quote Originally Posted by Neesmo31 View Post
    Good on you for actually going higher with this rather than bitching on a forum (i think i did until i fixed it lol) i will email them as well, as mine just went and cost $360 or something like that for repair.
    haha thanks. That's ridiculous, I can't believe Honda actually made you pay for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wazza7 View Post
    Tried tht link 2 times trying to email them about my 04' where both doors are faulty.
    i got to the submit and both times it redirects u to some error page tht advertises their stupid asismo robot!! ahh
    Cmon honda!!
    Initially I sent 2 emails with no reply either. So, I went ahead and called them up and the representative was surprised that I never got a reply, but then she went ahead and lodged a high priority complaint to customer relations. I got a call back about a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Euro1011 View Post
    Good on you Mofolo for actually making a complaint to Honda. Surprised that no one had ever lodge a complaint to them. Well I have done that so just waiting to see if they actually will reply.
    I hope Honda do assist us all with getting the central locks fixed. $300+ for each door is too expensive especially now I need two locks fixed on my car.
    Anyone in Perth replaced their locks themselves? If Honda can't assist then I may need someone to assist me with this.
    Thanks for your support. I believe that if we band together and lodge complaints, Honda will have no option but to keep to their Good Will policy.

Hopefully after we lodge 5+ Complaints, I will go ahead and contact my local Honda Dealer and quote the good will policy.

I will be sure to document my experience and hopefully after this ordeal we can send a clear message to Honda about quality control and accountability!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Yep same issue here. One is dead and replaced and the other is on its way out.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 04
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaz View Post
    Yep same issue here. One is dead and replaced and the other is on its way out.
    Be sure to lodge a complaint!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    Be sure to lodge a complaint!
    Will do. Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 04
    Thanks. I'm going to be calling up my Local Honda Dealer and going ahead and lodging a good will repair.

I'll probably do a video + text guide on how it goes!