Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by corb13 View Post
    My drivers door is gone, it affects the boot and dome light cause it doesn't open! Just bought the one off ebay and hope to install it next week! Hopefully might make a DIY out of it and post up the instructions they supposedly send out with the part!
    Please do!

I think my driver's door is on the way out, sometimes when I press the button on the remote all the others unlock but the driver's door stays locked. Then if I press it a second time the driver's door opens too.

I can live with it for now because it's only about 1 in every 30 times, but I guess it will start to get worse

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03'
    yeah that period only last about 1 wek with me, pushing unlock twice to get the door open, always seem to be the drivers side! anyway the part is on its way now! hopefully get it fixed soon cause im using the key to open the car at the moment but can still lock it normally with central!

Member Array
    i had this problem, but I fixed it myself DIY, all up was $50 for the actuator off ebay... but having said that I will still sign the petition.. its pretty unacceptable for most euros to have this problem...

I just ordered a new driver and passenger actuator from ebay. Thought I might as well do them both at the same time so I don't have the same problem on the other door in the future.

Do the rear door actuators die too or just the front ones?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03'
    Ebay FTW!!!!! .................. i ordered my driver actuator off ebay the other day two, from my research its most commonly the drivers door followed bu the passenger but i haven't heard anyone complain about the rear doors! but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened! anyway i should be recieving mine this week and DIY'ing by the w.e!
    Once you go black you'll never go back- Black Euro FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    i can post the DIY thingy =D i have it Give me a sec and ill update this post

*Edit*

Euro Actuator Instructions =D
    Last edited by BraXta; 26-07-2010 at 09:16 PM.
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar

Quote Originally Posted by BraXta View Post

*Edit*

nice job... + rep

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    I tried replacing the actuator some time back with no results. The problem is trying to release the metal rod from the actuator. Even with the same instructions as BraXta's, this metal rod is just difficult to separate from the actuator. If it's a pain to get it off, then what about trying to flip it back on?
    I'm trying to avoid Honda dealers installing this as you all know they charge a lot. Anyone can recommend any good and not so expensive installers in Perth? If not, then looks like I have to give it another go when the weather is good.

Quote Originally Posted by BraXta View Post

*Edit*

Thanks! I just replaced the actuator on my driver's door, now it works perfectly and only cost me about $40

It was harder to do than I expected, especially trying to unclip/reclip the thin rod (not the one that goes to the door handle - the smaller one that goes way up to the top of the door). Plus after the first attempt I managed to lock myself out of the car, I didn't put the arm thing into the actuator properly, so the mechanism wasn't able to fully move to the unlock position. Couldn't even open the door from the inside Luckily putting the key in the lock and forcing it to the left lifted it just enough to open though.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux
    One of mine's sluggish (but only a split second), the other has been repaired previously at the dealer's expense.

Just out of curiosity... Is it possible to have the remote only unlock the driver's door from the first press, and unlock the other doors from a second press? Lots of other cars can do this including my dad's old AU Falcon.

It would not only make the locks last longer because they're not opening unnecessarily (99% of the time it's just me in the car), and make it more secure I guess because people can't open your door in traffic.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro1011 View Post
    I tried replacing the actuator some time back with no results. The problem is trying to release the metal rod from the actuator. Even with the same instructions as BraXta's, this metal rod is just difficult to separate from the actuator. If it's a pain to get it off, then what about trying to flip it back on?
    I'm trying to avoid Honda dealers installing this as you all know they charge a lot. Anyone can recommend any good and not so expensive installers in Perth? If not, then looks like I have to give it another go when the weather is good.
    Try calling a good alarm or carsound installer.