Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu

What mods to start with, CL9

Hey guys, first post , i hope its in the right section.

I got a 04 manual euro 5 months back. The previous owner added a few mods:

Suspension lowered (dont know with what springs)
    Cusco Strut bars (front and rear)
    17' rims
    I think the Japanese version body kit (as different from aussie version)
    Changed the gear knob.

Now im just considering (as wont be able to do anything financially for couple months) to mod it a bit more for performance.

What i have been reading, best to start with a cold air intake. Any thoughts on that, or any other mods?

I would for sure consider DIY, as im pretty handy in opening stuff if i have a tutorial or some guidance (have worked a bit on a corolla and honda city in the past).

Just looking for your thoughts at this stage, cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    MX5 + 180sx
    intake / headers /exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    A bigger rear sway bar is, without doubt, the best modification you can do to the Euro. Improves the whole driving experience of the car immensely.

If you want power; then start with your header and cat, then intake, then catback exhaust. If you want more power after that then you can swap to a larger throttle body and port-match the stock manifold to it. (If you're interested in any of the power mods, shoot me a PM)
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 2003
    Depends on how much you got to spend and if you're after more power, performance or looks.

Since power and experience have been covered, looks wise you can think of new wheels and lowering the suspension with some coil overs, grill , body kit, etc..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry, not too sure with some terms, so will take me more research to know what the parts are as im new to this game.

Rear sway bar, how can i identify myself what i have already installed? cause according to the dealer i got it off, he said it was a strut, but who believes what they say.

edit: maybe i could take a photo and show

edit again: well i looked at some pics online, and well i believe i actually have a rear sway bar already, as its located on the bottom of the suspension. Have a front strut bar too. I really have less body roll on fast cornering.
    Last edited by roony; 08-07-2010 at 05:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    Quote Originally Posted by djpro1 View Post
    looks wise you can think of new wheels and lowering the suspension with some coil overs, grill , body kit, etc..
    Im pretty happy with the overall look, dont want something too flashy. The suspension is already lowered, but i dont know what springs are used. Already has a body kit. Happy with the 17 rims.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Headers,intake,cat.Please post pics.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Headers,intake,cat.Please post pics.
    i will take some pics over the weekend and upload. ta

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Japanese version bodykit eh? interesting.. as most others have said, go for a cold air intake (CAI) or rear sway bar first!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    To start with:
    For more power - headers + high flow cat
    For better handling - rear sway bar

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    rsb + dump it + +40 18x8" rims

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by roony View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry, not too sure with some terms, so will take me more research to know what the parts are as im new to this game.

Rear sway bar, how can i identify myself what i have already installed? cause according to the dealer i got it off, he said it was a strut, but who believes what they say.

edit again: well i looked at some pics online, and well i believe i actually have a rear sway bar already, as its located on the bottom of the suspension. Have a front strut bar too. I really have less body roll on fast cornering.
    Yeah, the car comes stock with both front and rear anti-swaybars. But by changing to a bigger, thicker rear one the car is much better to drive. The stock rear I measured to be just shy of 13mm - while the generic aftermarket thickness is 18mm, or you can run an even thicker one (like I am) @ 22mm.
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE