Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is it possible to get the side bolsters retrimmed to match the rest of the seat? Would the material be available from honda??
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Is it possible to get the side bolsters retrimmed to match the rest of the seat? Would the material be available from honda??
    The website www.capitalseating.co.uk used to sell side bolster foam for recaros and any trim shop could fix them up.

Quote Originally Posted by type_AHH View Post
    What I do when getting in my car (DC5R), and I'm sure other people do this also, is to put in the left leg first and then use my right arm to prop myself on the door jam. That way I sit *on* the seat immediately rather than slide/rub *into* them. Getting out is the same... prop on arm, lift yourself slightly and right leg out.

Yes it may take a little more effort than normal seats, and yes you may look a little silly doing it lol. But if you're like me and want to preserve the recaros for as long as possible, its worth it. I tell all passngers this also ("respect my rule or GTFO!" lol)
    yes!! that's the ONLY way
    annoying that my passenger side was practically brand new when i got my car, but now it's a bit worn/faded and my driver side is basically the same when i got it. blooody passengers!!

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    Steam clean maybe?

Agree with Type_AHH. You see all recaros with the drivers side bolster wreaked. Very rare to see an immaculate recaro. So yeh, I do the same thing. Plant my right arm/hand on the sill and pivot my ass over the bolster directly into the seat.
    steam cleaner removed the excess gum that was stuck to the seat after the ice cube method to remove the big chunks, now its sorta not noticeable unless someone points it out haha
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Yellow Integra DC2R
    There's actually an Upolstery cleaner made by Maguires that I usually use. It comes up great!! You simply just spray on, leave it for 5 mins, then wipe it with a wet cloth. My seats look brand new after every application. But 1 thing to be careful of is not to use it too often. It does cause the colour to fade a lil bit. The spray costs about $14 from Kmart and it's definitely worth it for every Recaro owner

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    Might add my worth to this thread, I hope all you guys know that the seats are interchangeable. That is the passenger to driver and vice versa. Ideally you can swap them around if your mainly a solo driver to get an even wear into them. The only tricky part is getting around the seatbelt sensor but its an easy afternoon job to keep those recaros looking good.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by type_AHH View Post
    What I do when getting in my car (DC5R), and I'm sure other people do this also, is to put in the left leg first and then use my right arm to prop myself on the door jam. That way I sit *on* the seat immediately rather than slide/rub *into* them. Getting out is the same... prop on arm, lift yourself slightly and right leg out.

Yes it may take a little more effort than normal seats, and yes you may look a little silly doing it lol. But if you're like me and want to preserve the recaros for as long as possible, its worth it. I tell all passngers this also ("respect my rule or GTFO!" lol)
    smart man. i do that and i've only got normal EK seats lol - but yep, best way to preserve to bolsters.

a man who looks after his seats, looks after his car
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    STIG. try a frozen cooler brick for the bubble gum hold it on there a try an freeze the bubble gum thats how you get it out of floor matts stick them in the freezer.

is it safe to use a gerni on recaro seats to clean them??

obviously taking them out of the car then leaving them in the sun to dry??