Member Array
    Car:
    EG9

EG Sedan to Coupe Conversion info

Ok first post and flame suit ready. I'll either get a good lead or a GTFO but I'll understand the reasoning of either reply Im not massively familiar with Honda so go easy.

Recently started toying around with my mildly battered EG Sedan. Decided to freshen it up a little. While in Nederlands I noticed they have a coupe sedan shape...

I have seen one here and realise it was fabricated that way and mabye there is others on our shores I'm not aware of. Im not looking for an over the top car but I am however a huge fan of the body style.
    Im a panel beater by trade so im capable enough I just got a couple of questions regarding it. Not even sure I would even go through with it but just put it down to research for now.

If anyone could help me out with the following I'd appreciate it.

Would EG 2 hatch seats bolt into the sedan body or easily enough modified to do so?

Im stuck on the quarter glass .. Would these be the same items as EG hatch back quarter glass?

..and after all that would I be chasing an engineers certificate to legally class it a 2 door car?

Thanks in advance and sweet site. I have alot of new things to learn lol

EDIT: Can only pray the glass is the same otherwise its over $200 posted for second hand items
    Havent even found a price on the quarter panels yet
    Last edited by PGB; 12-07-2010 at 03:21 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    you may have to use EJ8 or EM1 rear glass it much closer to the shape of the EG coupe rear glass
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    iv seen imported EG coupes sell pretty cheap ... might be a better option
    will be hard finding one tho =/
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    iv seen imported EG coupes sell pretty cheap ... might be a better option
    will be hard finding one tho =/
    you have ??? where ? how much ?? there's only a very small handfull in the country as far as I know.. i'd sell everything I own for an EG coupe !!
    only ever seen ONE (red, bone stock) in Perth and that was about 5-6 years ago

There's an Oz-Honda member with a Blue EG sedan with a LOT of custom Bodywork - welded-up rear doors etc.. but I dont think he lengthened the front doors nor swept the roofline so it just looks like a sedan in terms of the shape/shillouette of the car - but it's a pretty amazing job !!

otherwise your best bet is to buy a front-end damaged EJ8 (VTi Coupe) and do an EG front end conversion..

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    otherwise your best bet is to buy a front-end damaged EJ8 (VTi Coupe) and do an EG front end conversion..
    yeah ive seen ONE in QLD that has eg front end conversion on a ej. it was a dark greyish brown colour from memory.. might be wrong but they are so hot!
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    +1 for EG front conversion on EJ8....much better option.. or EG front conversion on EM1 if your budget can stretch further that way you get B16a aswell
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGTYM View Post
    +1 for EG front conversion on EJ8....much better option.. or EG front conversion on EM1 if your budget can stretch further that way you get B16a aswell
    2nd that
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought

Member Array
    Car:
    EG9
    Cheers guys,
    Ive seen that blue one also. Its the one I spoke of in my original post. Thats well over the top Im just after a street neat Sedan. Its awesome having 4 doors again and a boot !!! I havent had a car with an actual boot in 8 years haha

On a budget I could weld up the back doors but then it takes me to my original thought with glass. then as mentioned above and what went through my head today was the front doors and yeh, other possible design changes with the coupe.

Was looking for coupes in australia today online and only saw the later model shape pop up. None for sale but from memory one owner said he paid $14,000 I didnt however find an EG coupe so I'll keep looking.

Think I'll have to put the welder down and put my pride back in my pocket on this one
    Thanks for the feedback

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    HAHA you think the blue sedan is OTT ?? personally i think it's quite tastefull considering the amount of custom work.. i dont see the point in just welding the doors up on a stock-ish sedan as you're just gonna be asking for trouble in relation to rego and legalites for rear-passenger access etc..

U should be able to find an average condition EJ8 for like $7,000-9,000 i'd say..

as for rear glass if you DO weld up th rear doors, unless you modify the roofline or C-Pillar then u would just retain the original sedan glass

Saw one at the Honda meet last week:

Member Array
    Car:
    EG9
    To my taste it is well and truly over the top dude. Im sure alot of people like it and alot of work has gone into it but its definately not my style. Heck, Even having the FMIC showing on my Gti was to 'posey' for me

The one in the pics above is exactly my style thanks for the pics ~Sp33~. Can even see now the boot lid is also different. Man I wish they sent them here