Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R, Ek Civic 2000 Sedan

New Tyres for FN2R

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to find out what everyone's using as replacement tires for the stock Birdgestone RE50s on the FN2R. Would love to get the same tyres but at around $500 a tyre, it's not exactly cheap.

I've been reading good things about The Bridgestone RE001s and the Michelin PS3s. What do you recommend? And where can I get a good price for tyres around Melbourne?

Cheers,
    Kazz

I would like to know the answer to this question as well. I will probably stick with the OEM tyre, is that Bridgestone Potenza RE50 225/40R18?
    Where is the cheapest place I can get one in Sydney?
    Thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    spicy car
    Pirelli PZero Nero
    Bridgestone RE040
    Dunlop DZ101
    Michelin PS2
    Wee Wee Waa Waa

I got mine replaced at a bridgestone tyre centre, cost $1760 including wheel alignment, i know its a crazy amout, but i didnt want the car to drive differently i mean i love the way it drives, in the past i use different tyres and the feel of the car isnt the same

my recommendation, look in parts for sale section, they usually have tyres + rims for about 1-1500 u can buy them with usually 80% plus tread...

then sell ur rims

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by abzndintegra View Post
    I got mine replaced at a bridgestone tyre centre, cost $1760 including wheel alignment, i know its a crazy amout, but i didnt want the car to drive differently i mean i love the way it drives, in the past i use different tyres and the feel of the car isnt the same

my recommendation, look in parts for sale section, they usually have tyres + rims for about 1-1500 u can buy them with usually 80% plus tread...

then sell ur rims
    Thanks for the reply abzndintegra . How many kms did you get out of the the OEM Bridgestone RE50s?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by kanishkaz View Post
    Thanks for the reply abzndintegra . How many kms did you get out of the the OEM Bridgestone RE50s?
    i changed mine recently @ 44,000km's but would estimate i would have gotten atleast 50,000 before needing aan urgent change.

I replaced the OEM's with RE001's for $360 @ a bridgestone tire centre

i got 50000, i reckon i could have stretched it out to 60k, but though who cares im not going t0 be around when they need replacing again

just some maths, 1760/50000 = .035 cents per kilometre, about $17.20 every 500 kilometres, so if u do 500 kilometres a week its pretty expensive
    Last edited by abzndintegra; 24-07-2010 at 09:07 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by wassup View Post
    i changed mine recently @ 44,000km's but would estimate i would have gotten atleast 50,000 before needing aan urgent change.

I replaced the OEM's with RE001's for $360 @ a bridgestone tire centre
    Hey Wassup, how are the RE001's? do you feel any significant difference between them and the RE50's?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Dont know if this is relevant but I had the OEM RE050 on my DC5S then changed to the RE001 Adrenalins, both in 215/45/17.

I found that the RE050's were a lot quieter whilst the RE001's had a bit more road noise.
    The RE050's also felt smoother and a bit more comfortable but I liked the grip on the RE001's.
    IMO the RE001's are better value for money (I got quotes of 210 for the RE001's vs. 360 for RE050's - 6 months ago).
    The only potential complaint I have about the RE001's is that in the wet its not the best gripping tire.

And to the OP, have you considered Kumho KU36's?
    I've good things about them and they're good value for money also.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    IF you're more into grip KU36 is value for money but they don't last very long compared to others, plus they are pretty bad in the wet.
    I'd still say a good value all rounder would be the RE001. Good in dry, decent in wet, wear is pretty good, not much road noise.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Hey Wassup, how are the RE001's? do you feel any significant difference between them and the RE50's?
    Ive clocked about 300k's since the change (all sydney metro driving) and to be honest i cant tell the difference. To me the tires seem quieter but this is compared to 2yr old RE050's that had >10% grip left so thats to be expected.

I gave the car a boot load at the lights last night on a very damp surface and there was no flicker from the TC which is good enough for me.

@ almost $200 per corner cheaper its a great tire considering i dont track and like a previous poster said i probably will be changing cars before this set is due for a change!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    At $1760 for a set, I would be asking how much RE070 would cost. If it is just 100 or 200 more than a set of RE50, I'd pull the trigger.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2