Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000

S2000 obdii Port..?

Hey guys. Had a couple of bucks to spare so i decided to by myself one of those scangauge 3.17 things that read info from the obd. Got it in the mail opened it all up and tryed to plug it in, but then realised that my s2 does not have an obd2 port, or obd1.. I read up that the f20c1 does not come with obd port, but the f20c2 does.. It surprises me cause i thought obds where compulsary, what do the honda people do at service..? And is there any way i can plug my scanner in.. I have a 99 model s2 if thats any help..

S2Krazy Array
    all that shit should plug in either under the steering wheel or at the ecu (not sure if OEM has a date plug output or not I forget).

I saw a Honda piece on Yahoo Jp that enables you to download and read everything..... however it was 100,000Y (n)
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    all that shit should plug in either under the steering wheel or at the ecu (not sure if OEM has a date plug output or not I forget).

I saw a Honda piece on Yahoo Jp that enables you to download and read everything..... however it was 100,000Y (n)
    It should, but i think it doesnt, after some research i dont think they came out in AUS with an obd2 port.. The japspec is different.. isnt it f20c2..?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG/S2K
    veysi is that you if it is its me erkan, i just bought a black 02 one listen how about you just sell me the scanguage problem solved??
    "SEX" Should Be Like V-TEC, The Whole Street Should Hear You Coming!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    lmao what you doin bro. Ah how much you offering..? And whend you get a s2k..? How much for? When do you work at the shop?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG/S2K
    lol get it like 3days a go piked it up for 28 dont work at the shop no more just security in china town and uni why do u need somthing from there? you still got my number yeah just call my mobile
    "SEX" Should Be Like V-TEC, The Whole Street Should Hear You Coming!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    We do have OBD port, known as DLC as per HONDA. It's OBD1 or something, definately one of the earlier generations of OBD, basically you need an adapter. It's a 3P adapter (mainly for Hondas) that translate the signal to your existing OBDII connector from the scan tool.. The 3P DLC (Data Link Connector) port is located under the dash, it's held together with the SCS connector with a rubber blanking thing that just hangs there... Have a look!

Peace.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by zhong View Post
    We do have OBD port, known as DLC as per HONDA. It's OBD1 or something, definately one of the earlier generations of OBD, basically you need an adapter. It's a 3P adapter (mainly for Hondas) that translate the signal to your existing OBDII connector from the scan tool.. The 3P DLC (Data Link Connector) port is located under the dash, it's held together with the SCS connector with a rubber blanking thing that just hangs there... Have a look!

Peace.
    If this works.. Im going to buy you a house.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Ok well i got quoted 20 bucks for the plug, but 130 bucks postage from Hong Kong...?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    mans best friend.. eBay..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-3-Pin-O...item4aa31db005

Is that the one? And if its 3 pins.. Does it still do everything a normal car with obd2 can do?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    All it does is tap the wires to the correct OBDII signals...

K-LINE (SIGNAL)
    GROUND (12-)
    POWER (12+)

I will wait for my house.

Peace.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    haha.. yea nah its not working.. :P