Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zhong View Post
    We do have OBD port, known as DLC as per HONDA. It's OBD1 or something, definately one of the earlier generations of OBD, basically you need an adapter. It's a 3P adapter (mainly for Hondas) that translate the signal to your existing OBDII connector from the scan tool.. The 3P DLC (Data Link Connector) port is located under the dash, it's held together with the SCS connector with a rubber blanking thing that just hangs there... Have a look!

Peace.
    just tried this with an OBDII reader and a 3pin converter. still doesnt work, powers up but wont detect the protocol

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    It detected mine, but I couldn't access the EPS module. But It didn't return anything because I had no codes in both ECU/SRS modules.. Although I did reset it to see if it works, and it did say "Reset Successful". It worked, because when I started it the car was learning the Idle again..

Did you ensure that the Steering Wheel Position was Straight? As the service manual states, it needs to be at specific ranges when you want to "consult" via the port..

yeah steering wheel was straight, what OBD2 scanner did you use?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    It was my mate's workshop's "KINGSCAN" or something, it came in a big case, and has adapters and software for most makes etc... It was big and Yellow, had a full colour screen.. So it was pretty high-end for sure, but in the end, I think it's still CHINA. I think in the service manual, for different consultation requests, the steering wheel doesn't nesscersarily be centred (ie. 45 degrees left etc). Try it again and see how you go..

Make sure the SCS connector is SHORTED too.

Peace.

yeah had the scs shorted. no dice. guess this one is compatible with DLC

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    isn't*

What are you trying to accomplish anyway?

yeah sorry "isnt"..need coffee... just thought itd be nice to have an OBD2 scanner for my s2k. guess ill stick with the paperclip tho.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    paperclip code FTW! so easy loll
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    ^^^ Agree. But some things like the Torque Sensor Reset doesn't work properly.. Well I can't get it to that mode anyway... Nor reset the module (needs hard reset with the HONDATA firmware) so it's pretty gay..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    The scanguauge is compatible with DLC i think...?
    And whats paperclipping :S?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2008 std
    I'll save you the trouble and buy the scangauge off you ;P pm me if you're interested!

Member Array
    Car:
    ..S2000..
    LMAO we dont have a obd plug....
    ..VTEC YO!..

pure N/A all the way