Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    prelude

Pacmans VTiR 4th gen.

Ok, Thought i'd start a thread on my 4th gen VTiR.
    I'll describe my build so far, and try to keep things moving for the future.

First of all, my car was actually given to me as a reward for work I put into the family business.

She is a Maroon 94 VTiR. Her name is Trinity. (Named after the character in the Matrix movies)

When I got her, I was a total Honda noob.
    She was in pretty good shape, totally stock. except for a K&N pod filter, A set of King Super lows on Koni's, an a set of Racing Heart 17' rims.

This was her back then.....

I was happy with her, and hadn't realy considered modifying her beyond perhaps the sound system. (Some might say I should have stayed with that idea. LOL)

Bt then some woman decided to modify her front end with her Volvo.

So, instead of simply repairing the standard front bar, I decided on a Hiro lip.

This was about the time I caught the bug. I started searching for 4th gen ludes which caught my eye, and found this example from the states.

I knew then what had to be done, So I set about doing it, slowly but surely.
    Some may not like where I have taken my girl Trinity. But she's MY girl. And I love her.
    I'll post up more progress tomorrow,

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Now that I had the big front bar, the back end looked out of balance. Also, at speed, I noticed the car had become "twitchy". and this got worse the faser I went. till the car was almost dangerous at anything over 180km/ph.
    After talking to a very knowlagable person. (Ask me about the full story some time. it's a crack up) I decided to fit a GT style rear wing.
    I had been looking around a while, and I had seen a wing which had mad me laugh over and over, untill I baught it.
    I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

And it really comes to life after dark.

Some LOVE it, some HATE it.
    Me...?? Luckily.... I LOVE it...! And on top of everything, it stopped the "twitching" I had been suffering at speed. (Aerodynamic Oscolation)

This is when I started considering the flame job. YES...!! You heard me right. A FLAME JOB....

And to make it funny....

Luckily, for the future of me, my car, this thread, and any dignity I had left, This was also when I STOPPED considering the flame job....... LMAO

Anyhow, Been a long day today, I'll update much more tomorrow......
    Last edited by ThePacman; 27-07-2010 at 09:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    That glowing wing looks pretty special
    Some green neons on the sideskirts would set it off well and a knight rider red l.e.d in the front bar

btw where do you drive 180kmh?

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    That glowing wing looks pretty special
    Some green neons on the sideskirts would set it off well and a knight rider red l.e.d in the front bar

btw where do you drive 180kmh?
    I HAD a set of red neons. But all that have survives is the rear. Which i'm not even sure i'll replace.

And Naturally, the only place I get to those speeds is on a track day......

MY EYES! RAPE! SOMEONE HELP MY EYES ARE BEING RAPED!

LOL jks, im from PA as you well know and have seen your massive build thread there. Love the car but i could pass on the flame job myself hehe.

Always been meaning to ask, did you use the lexus boot fogs/brake lights for your lexus style boot fogs/brake lights? Never seen another lude with it in my life.
    Four wheels moves the body, two wheels moves the soul.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    well............im interested to see where this car ended up and how it ended up...

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by egotzm View Post
    MY EYES! RAPE! SOMEONE HELP MY EYES ARE BEING RAPED!

LOL jks, im from PA as you well know and have seen your massive build thread there. Love the car but i could pass on the flame job myself hehe.

Always been meaning to ask, did you use the lexus boot fogs/brake lights for your lexus style boot fogs/brake lights? Never seen another lude with it in my life.
    What boot lights? My Lude doesn't have boot lights! LOL

at least not at this stage it doesn't..... LOL

i'll get to that soon. And explaine it properly then!
    When words fail, Vtec speaks....!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePacman View Post
    And it really comes to life after dark.
    Second pic looks like there are brake lights on the boot next to your standard ones along the same vein as the Lexus IS rear fog lights

http://www.showoffimports.nl/images/...e5e705126c.jpg
    Four wheels moves the body, two wheels moves the soul.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    ^ Lol thats trippy, looks nice but abit way to ricey for me.

keep it up

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by egotzm View Post
    Second pic looks like there are brake lights on the boot next to your standard ones along the same vein as the Lexus IS rear fog lights
    Yes dude..... It does, But I havenn't realy got to that part of the build yet, so just for the minuite, they are not there...LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Before I get hurried along any further, (thanks egotzm...LOL)
    I'd seen a few attempts at Skyline rear lights on a 4th gen lude, So I decided to give it a shot myself. This was the same time that I was fitting the wing, and I was looking for a new boot lid which I could shave the holes from the standard spoiler and fit the GT wing. Found a boot lid on ebay being sold buy the same guy I got the Hiro lip from, and baught it. When I turned up to pick it up, I realised it already had the lights in the boot lid and a set of modified tail lights in an attempt to Skyline the rear end.

Though, they didn't realy do it for me, and I decided to just go with the stockies for the time being....

About time I turned some attention towards the interior.....??

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    The interior was stock, but clean and in good shape. So I had to make a start. I thaught about colour, and decided on good old Red on Black. I added a hand stitched red leather boot and I covered the center console lid.
    In the second pic here you can see the LCD sunvisor I tried for a while.

A few weeks later I put a bid on a pair of seats on ebay, assuming I would be out bid. But to my shock, I wasn't, and I fitted them shortly after.
    I also decided to cover all the speakers in a maroon material. Just for fun, wasn't sure if it would stick. but it's still there, so I must like it.
    You can also see the 7' touch screen headunit I currently have.

Then, I trimmed the door inserts. This was an easy mod. and put a smile on my face. I am intending re-trimming these one day and adding personalised decals of some type. Still to this day' i'm trying to figure out what.

This is pretty much where the interior is at the moment. I am going to trim the center console in the rear in red, and perhaps do something with the seats themselves. But at this point in time, I have bigger fish to fry......
    Last edited by ThePacman; 28-07-2010 at 09:32 PM.