Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Like what youve done with the interior pal
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    Like what youve done with the interior pal
    Thanks guy, As I said, it's pretty much finished inside. About a good days work to finish her off. But I have a few other things I want to do first.... And that list just keeps on growing and growing......
    When words fail, Vtec speaks....!

eww >.< hate the flames and the wing and the boot T.T

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    eww >.< hate the flames and the wing and the boot T.T
    LOL.... Dude, the flames were just a photoshop experiment. My son wanted me to do a flame job on the car. I did that up to show him how wrong it would be. It worked.

The wing however. Is real and STAYS....!

But thanks for the honesty anyhow....

Sorry about the hurry along, i was drunk and didnt read your reply properly, i thought you were telling me to explain more clearly LOL.

As said before i would have gone a different way with some of the mods but isnt that what modifying is all about? Building a car that's to your tastes?

So props for doing that! and im glad you decided against the flame job (or rather your son did) looks worse then a toilet that's be upper decked and flushed.
    Four wheels moves the body, two wheels moves the soul.

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by egotzm View Post
    Sorry about the hurry along, i was drunk and didnt read your reply properly, i thought you were telling me to explain more clearly LOL.

As said before i would have gone a different way with some of the mods but isnt that what modifying is all about? Building a car that's to your tastes?

So props for doing that! and im glad you decided against the flame job (or rather your son did) looks worse then a toilet that's be upper decked and flushed.
    Well it's kinda had a life of it's own. Seems that most of the mods i've made have sorta come to me.

But it has gone the way i've wanted it too. Without me having to blow my budget.

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Next thing that drove my build was a Lancer up the ass.
    Yes, Just as the Volvo had brished and ruined my front bar, A Lancer rear ended me and forced me to replace my ear bar.
    The panel shop quoted $300 to get a new bar, So I went looking for an after market bar to my liking for around that price.
    Thats when my luck struck again and I found a local guy parting out a 4th gen whichhad a near new full body kit and a 2.5 inch stainless exhaust. (mine had been damaged also) and I got the lot, (Front bar, rear bar, side skirts and exhaust) for only $300. a fraction of what they were worth.
    On top of that luck, the front bar was almost exactly what i'd wanted. (like the lude with the white tribal flame job) But the side skirts were nothinglike what I wanted, So I fitted the parts I wanted, and kept looking for the side skirts I had my heart set on.

These are the side skirts John West rejects.....

Mesh up the grills and the front and rear bars are finished.....

I searched everywhere for a pair of Black Widow side skirts, finally found a second hand pair in Sydney. I bought them and got them shipped.

When they arrived, I realised they were very badly damaged. Not a real issue for me, I was a boat builder, working in the mould shop as a laminator. fiberglass is something i'm very comfortable with. So I test fitted the skirts.

Decided they were a fraction too low, and went to work.
    I trimmed around 20mm off the height of them to give me a little more ground clearance, and layed them up again with around 1500g/m2 of bouble biaxial glass. Now, they ain't gunna break in a hurry.... LOL

First of all, I fixed the origonaltop edge to a piece of timber, to keep everything lined up and straight while I re-laminate the skirts.

Then I layed up the inside of the skirts, making them as strong as I thought they should be. (I recoment this to anyone fiting side skirts.)

Then fill and prime,

Colour coat.

And clear.

Then I fit, mesh the grills.

And my body kit is just about the way I always wanted it.

Next, Time to build the susspension, and then I turn my attention towards the under side of that bonnet.......

Member Array
    Car:
    96 lude, 94 EG5
    Looking good man, Not a fan of the wing, but thats just me..
    If people tell me they dont like something on my car i just say " i like it so its staying "
    and i really like the rear bumper, ive got one exactly the same on its way as we speak lol

anyway heres a couple of pics of my 4th gen, let me know what you think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo..jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	15516   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12422_1069977926591&.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	15517   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12422_1069977593258&.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	15518  

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Looking good man, Not a fan of the wing, but thats just me..
    If people tell me they dont like something on my car i just say " i like it so its staying "
    and i really like the rear bumper, ive got one exactly the same on its way as we speak lol

anyway heres a couple of pics of my 4th gen, let me know what you think
    I understand what your saying, I personally am not a fan of the style of bonnet you have on your car, but if you like it, love ya work!

And who am I to speak, I haven't even started on my bonnet yet. I am planning a simple vented bonet to help keep the engine bay cool once the snail is in place. and I already own a pair of gards which just need to be re laminated (so i'm happy with the strength.) painted and fitted.

I think they will fit nicely with the style (or lack there of) of the car.

This is also VERY close to the way I want my bonnet. but I want my vent a fraction ferther foward, so it will be directly over the turbo..... (turbo coming soon...)
    Last edited by ThePacman; 31-07-2010 at 06:12 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Another thing I haven't mentioned yet is my disgust for the way fiberglass is layed up for car parts.
    It's almost (if not always) only ever layed up in Chopped strand mat. (CSM). CSM is supposed to be a layer between strong weaves of glass material (Biaxial or Double Biaxial). CSM is basically the glue between these layers. not supposed to be used as the entire layup. So when ever I get a new fiberglass part. I give it a quick grind up inside and relaminate the entire part. The bottom section of my front bar is about 10 times stronger than usual, but onlu about 50% heavier. also I have added a 3mm aliuminium sacrificial scratch plate to the bottom edge of the bar.
    We all know our front bar is going to scrape one day. But I know when mine does. it will do very little damage if any. this method DOES work, and works well. I have hit my front bar on cruises in a way which would mean the end of a standard fiberglass bar, without doing any damage what so ever.
    Last edited by ThePacman; 31-07-2010 at 06:25 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 lude, 94 EG5
    Fair enough, but yeah i like the bonnet except for the silver plastic things on it... im going to take them off eventually
    and those guards look hot, ive seen a few sets of guards that i want for mine, but i want to do a fair bit of other stuff first.

Oh and also whats your car sound like with cannon?
    im thinking of getting a small one when i get the new rear bumper put on.

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Fair enough, but yeah i like the bonnet except for the silver plastic things on it... im going to take them off eventually
    and those guards look hot, ive seen a few sets of guards that i want for mine, but i want to do a fair bit of other stuff first.

Oh and also whats your car sound like with cannon?
    im thinking of getting a small one when i get the new rear bumper put on.
    My girl had a quality muffler when I got it. But still had a stock size exhaust.

As I said before, as part of one of my many 'scores' I got myself a 2.5 inch mandrell bent system with the current cannon.
    The exhaust is almost uncomfortably loud at times. But it performs very well. I am considering getting the system duplicated from the rear wheel back very soon. But i'm not sure what kind of tipps I want.
    I'll post a video where you can hear the exhaust note soon....