Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    96 lude, 94 EG5
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePacman View Post
    My girl had a quality muffler when I got it. But still had a stock size exhaust.

As I said before, as part of one of my many 'scores' I got myself a 2.5 inch mandrell bent system with the current cannon.
    The exhaust is almost uncomfortably loud at times. But it performs very well. I am considering getting the system duplicated from the rear wheel back very soon. But i'm not sure what kind of tipps I want.
    I'll post a video where you can hear the exhaust note soon....
    I video would be awesome, thanks!
    But yeah i think i may get dual exhaust to fill both sides of the new bumper, im just tossing up between getting two small cannons or two dual tip mufflers and probably just in a mid range brand such as xforce or something along those lines

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Ok, The next thing I turned my attention to was the suspension and handling.
    Once again I scoerd a bargine which just about had me entirely set up.

1st. A set of KYB AGX 4 way adjustable gas shocks.

2nd. Ground Control coil overs. (6kg spring rate on the front, 4kg spring rate on the rear)

3rd. A White Line rear sway bar. Which has been double clamped to re-enforced sway bar brackets. Which you can see in the above pic.

4th. Spoon Strut Braces, front and rear.

Together with the 17' Racing Hearts the car had on it when I got it. wrapped in 215/45/17 Bridgstone Potenzas, this is the setup i'm running at the moment. and I have NO intensions of changing anything. As it is, it is simply FUN! Sharp, responsive and it has a great feel.

As you can see in the above pic. I have chosen the plastic in front of the windscreen, under the bonnet, as the place I am going to put all the stickers of the performance parts I fit. the list started with those 2 in the above pic. and is growing rapidly.
    Last edited by ThePacman; 31-07-2010 at 09:04 PM.
    When words fail, Vtec speaks....!

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Oh, And just so we know what my FUTURE plans are. Here is a little peice of the puzzle that I have already.....

Not sure that snail is big enough mate LOL.
    Four wheels moves the body, two wheels moves the soul.

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by egotzm View Post
    Not sure that snail is big enough mate LOL.
    This has been debated before, I'll throw it open here and get opinions.

Remembering what my power targets are, and I believe them to be fairly realistic. (Another topic open for debate here, don't be afraid guys, speak up FFS)

My power targets are. 220-250 FWHP on low boost, stock internals.
    After forged build with 2490cc stroke, 320-350 FWHP.

Full specs on the turbo are as follows.

Dual ball bearings,
    Good for up to 400hp
    Compressor,
    Ind/Exd 54/71
    trim 56
    A/R 0.60

Turbine,
    inducer 54,
    Trim 76
    A/R 0.86

I'm going to run a liquid to air intercooler, and should only end up with around 5CF of charge air, so I expect to be making boost from around 2500rpm.

This is the intercooler i'm looking at...

Discuss....!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Now, as my timing belt service was due, I had to replace the timing belt, Balance shaft belt and water pump.

I decided it would worth while putting down a few extra $$$ and getting a Gates Racing Balance shaft belt and Greddy timing belt.

Also I threw in a pair of Skunk2 adjustable cam gears and a Koyo 56mm dual core aliuminium radiator.

I also decided to cut the end out of the rocker cover to expose the cam gears, and paint the rocker cover. (pic's as follow)

The radiator when I first saw it.

Painting the rocker cover.

With the cut out.

Almost ready to fit.

All fitted up.

And if you would like to see her runing. A youtube clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0c43XOkDas

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Wheres the clip

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    Wheres the clip
    Can't you see the youtube link?

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Well, this is basically where i'm at right now. Obviously i've just skimmed over most of it, and left out most of the details. But if anyone is planning any of the mods i've done already. Feel free to ask, and i'll elaborate, maybe be of some help.

Future plans are mainly under the bonnet. I've made the first step by strengthening the timing belt and beefing up the cooling system. My next step (when I can afford it) is to send her into High Power Racing, where Ivan is going to give her a set of (approx) 650cc injectors. (haven't decided on a brand yet) a better fuel pump and a Hondata s300. Then it will be off to either Exotic Exhausts, or a guy some may know as Stainless Steve. (haven't decided which yet) to have the manifold fabricated, the dump pipe made and all the induction piping made and ceramic coated. Then i'll have snail power at last.

Obviously, I realise thats only the start of the serious work. But at least i've made my plan.
    Last edited by ThePacman; 02-08-2010 at 05:11 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 lude, 94 EG5
    Did u buy the car with the h22 in it?
    or did you swap it out?

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Did u buy the car with the h22 in it?
    or did you swap it out?
    No prizes for guessing who hasn't been paying attention.

The car was actually given to me, so I didn't buy it.

And it's a VtiR. i.e. H22a stock.