Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R

Short Ram Intake Heatsoak Issue on DC5

Just out of curiosity, is it a Heatsoak issue to install a Short Ram intake on a daily driven DC5 Integra that will not be intended for track-use

Theres been plenty of information and misleading information about expensive Cold Air Intakes being superior to a Short Ram Intake on a day-to-day car that would never see the tracks.

Any feedbacks welcome, Thanks guys.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

I would say that there wouldn't be any difference in power for the FIRST for 30mins.... the longer you drive the hotter your engine bay gets as we all know therefore putting more heat onto your exposed filter, therefore creating a loss in power.... If your using it for DAILY driving and doing long spirited drives, well then i don't see how it would be a problem but if your tracking your car i'd go a CAI instead... It comes down to personal opinion.. depends which one you want but to be honest.. rather have the filter hidden then be shown.

GruppeM IMHO is just as GOOD as INJEN CAI due to the fact where the air gets sucked from is a current flowing breeze in the direction your driving... Whilst a SRI with the pod in the engine bay, just sits there gaining heat... Fail...
    CAI > SRI anyday...

If you want to modify your car IMO, i'd personally get the CAI but then again... some people can't afford to pay as much so your call....
    Last edited by WATAJK; 27-07-2010 at 09:12 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    Did you seriously need to start a new thread about it?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...n-Sydney/page5
    Last edited by Tai; 27-07-2010 at 09:33 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTI
    just out of curiosity, is it a heatsoak issue to install a short ram intake on a daily driven dc5 integra that will not be intended for track-use
    answer from my own experience: Yes

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    @Tai yeah sorry but that post was getting out of hand and wasnt related to the actual thread, so here we are, welcome and go psycho at the topic.

@Nighthawk S REALLY???... how much horsepower did you lose by going to 7-Eleven and back home due to heatsoak??

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Well look at the above posts evlgtr.. you've jsut proved yourself wrong

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTI
    You asked a question, I gave an answer. I can't tell you how much I lost going to 7-eleven (I bought a hotdog a slurpee and a picture mag btw) cos I diddnt write down the details. But rest assured, if my intake temp was higher, (which it would be when using an SRI compared to a CAI, proven! proven! proven!) then my power output would be lower (Due to physics) therefore I lost "some" power. Weather or not you think regard this as a significant issue is for you to decide, but don't ignore or deny the fact that it exists, because it does. Geeeez.

(Now ducking to avoid personal attacks coming my way).

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    @NighthawkS (Now ducking to avoid personal attacks coming my way). <--------you're a funny guy. LOL!!!. Ey how about your lap times between 7-Eleven and home (not incl. you jacking off to your Picture mag)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTI
    Its not about how you race your car, Its about how you jack off in your car.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    This is the stupidest shit I have ever read. I imagine that every poor soul that reads one of EVLGTRs posts is stupider for having done so.

Some evidence for you, in going from stock intake (which is akin to an SRI as it takes air from a warm source in the engine bay, although arguably in a better location than an average SRI) to a Gruppe M cold air intake I experienced significant intake air temperature reductions in day to day driving situations. Of the order of 10s of degrees. This is measured using a digital gauge plugged into the OBD2 port.

Now if you accept that the ideal gas law roughly applies to air at the temperatures we are discussing, this colder air temperature at the intake equates to a larger mass of air in the cylinder and hence more power. Why would you deliberately wish to intake warm air into your intake? It can be beneficial for fuel economy, but who cares about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    EVLGTR...you are seriously such a joke man. Starting a new thread to use the word FIGJAM amongst other insults a few more times doesn't make anything you say sound even remotely correct. You've already been thrashed hard enough on the other thread no need to repeat that process

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    and btw.
    Already answered this for you in case you forgot, which I wouldn't rule out

here