EG Civic Suspension setup

Hi guys,

Just want to know some friendly advice and after reading 50+ pages worth of threads ive got a fair idea and understanding on what i want to accomplish, I've got a 1992 Honda Civic Si Sedan (EH9), so im in progress of fixing her up and im up to the stage where the suspension needs an overhaul. I plan to lower it in the near future, strickly no coilovers since this is a daily and comfort in mind, so my plans were to go the lowered springs and shocks road, but before this im planning to replace all the bushings needed but idk what to start with nor where to start? I do have somthing in mind tho, is the Energy Suspension HyperFlex Master bushing Kit recommended? or is it better to replace what needs to be replace? or what not? but unfortunately idk what bushings are needed, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

PS, these are what i had in mind, http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...?prod=16.18103

Thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    you gonna diy bushing replacement?
    going to a workshop to replace all bushings is mighty expensive.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

yea, well i was hoping to anyway, is there anything i should kno of? i was told that it maybe hard if i dont have a press? is there an alternative for the diy job?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Other bushes to look at are the rear trailing arm bushes, just look under your car at the back of the back door and you will see a large black bush with a rod going through and bolts on either side, now these bushes are shit unfortunatly as in nearly every case (unless you dont drive the car) they are quite torn, fortunatly i just happen to be selling a pair that should fit your car, check out the ad http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...56#post2814156

Thanks
    Jason
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    Was told that energy suspension will creak and make weird sounds overtime, requires greasing once in a while i think.
    I'd go for hardrace as jdm yard sells them

Best thing to do is lift up your car and inspect for cracks/worn bushes and what needs replacing. Best to replace the main bushes, trailing arms front and rear.
    Other small bushes dont really need replacing unless they have fully crumbled/demolished. Examples are rear and front lca's with those small bushes.

In your case, replace the main trailing bushes if needed, go for springs/shocks and swaybar upgrade front and rear. Labour will screw you over unless DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    you said you want comfort because its gonna be your daily, Energy bushes are harder than oem bushes. dont use these if your after comfort.
    your best to stick with oem for your application. and as some said above it will cost heaps to replace bushes because there is alot of labour involved unless you do it your self
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

Quote Originally Posted by duzy View Post
    Was told that energy suspension will creak and make weird sounds overtime, requires greasing once in a while i think.
    I'd go for hardrace as jdm yard sells them

Best thing to do is lift up your car and inspect for cracks/worn bushes and what needs replacing. Best to replace the main bushes, trailing arms front and rear.
    Other small bushes dont really need replacing unless they have fully crumbled/demolished. Examples are rear and front lca's with those small bushes.

In your case, replace the main trailing bushes if needed, go for springs/shocks and swaybar upgrade front and rear. Labour will screw you over unless DIY
    Yea thats what i was thinking, I know for sure there are a few that are absolutely stuffed, so i might as well change what needs to be changed, but ill take photos when i get home.

Due to student budget ill def be DIY'in it I'm def planning on getting the shocks/springs combo, just waiting up on the funds but u guys got any idea on what tools i may need to replace the bushings? im trying to source out a press, not really getting anywhere

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    presses arent to expensive, can be between 150-200 bucks. just make sure that with the rear trailing arm bush, you need to clock it in right. as in you need to make sure that you have the right side going up, and the right side going down.
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]