Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec

noobs tuning question..

ive got i/h/e at the moment. if i was to tune my EG with a new ecu, can i modify it afterwards? for example if i put in new cams would i have to get it retuned? sorry for the noobness lol

cheers

Would need a retune.
    Depends on tuner if they want to start from scratch or edit the map you've already got tuned previously.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    what about little things? like would i need a retune if i went from a sri to a cai? thanks btw xntrix

Quote Originally Posted by cihanvtec View Post
    what about little things? like would i need a retune if i went from a sri to a cai? thanks btw xntrix
    You wouldn’t necessarily need a retune, but if you wanted to, it wouldn’t hurt either way.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK
    As 'Mission' stated, i too agree that you wouldn't need to retune your ecu if you're only going to do minor modifications such as going from sri to cai, because the air flow meter would pick up and measure the volume of air entering the intake manifold thus adjust the ecu to recorrect the air/fuel mixture accordingly..

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM.AS.FCK View Post
    As 'Mission' stated, i too agree that you wouldn't need to retune your ecu if you're only going to do minor modifications such as going from sri to cai, because the air flow meter would pick up and measure the volume of air entering the intake manifold thus adjust the ecu to recorrect the air/fuel mixture accordingly..
    thanks for that.. thats what i needed to know! i was worried, coz im about to get my car tuned but in the winter im gna change it to a sri and when the weather fixes up, switch back to a cai.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    just to give you an idea what i went through:

1) got my stock integra vtir car dynod at 89kw atw
    2) installed i/h/e, greddy ecu and got it tuned to 108.9kw atw
    4) installed skunk2 intake manifold, proffessional throttle body and got it tuned to 118.5kw atw

imo it would be a waste of money if you were to retune your car from sri to cai. Yeah it will generate a few extra kw atw but not worth the retune. Retuning is done with "bigger" types of mods, mods that are going to affect the engine in a big way like i have outlined above.

Hope this helps

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    wow i didnt think id have to tune it so many times.. how much did it cost u to tune each time?