Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK gli

Finding a crx sir EF8

hey guys.. First post on Ozhonda =]
    I have a great interest in finding a CRX siR for my future car once im on my greens. But i have been been finding it very hard to find one in Australia. I just wanted to ask if you guys knew where to get them or import them or any other alternative solution as i this is my first coice in car.

*reason why the original ef8 because of it siR front end (looks very good =D) ans i liek the fact of back seats

And can u guys also answer this.. if a crx has a glass roof, doe that mean it still has a sunroof?

Thanks guys looking forward for future postings at oz honda

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    They're getting harder to find, although I have seen a few recently.
    There's one for sale in Thomastown, VIC for $8,200. See it HERE.

If you like CRX's there's no better website for Australians than CRXAustralia.com. That's where most of Australia's CRX enthusiasts hang out.

Indeed the genuine EF8 CRX is fantastic. It's fun to drive and looks great, all in stock delivery. However they're hard to find these days as few people want to sell - if you're prepared to lose some of the genuine feeling and the SiR appearance you could always settle for an Australian or Jap non-SiR model, and there are plenty with the SiR engines converted into them. But I went for genuine because I didn't want anything else but.

You cannot import them anymore due to the SEVS crap (google it).

Back seats aren't exactly legal as they don't have shoulder belts as standard, only lap belts which don't comply with ADR regulations.

Glass roof does not have sunroof. It's just a solid piece of glass.

Where do you live?
    What's your budget?
    Check out CRXAustralia when it comes back online tomorrow.
    PM me if you have any further questions - I'm very happy to help a could-be CRX enthusiast!

Regards,
    Andy.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED's/EF
    Glass roofs can't open so they're not like a sun-roof.
    Glass-roofs were a factory option on JDM EF6/EF7 & EF8' CR-X's (the rarer CR-X's being straight tin-top models)
    The "EF8 front" can also be found on all JDM EF6/EF7 & EF8's after '89.
    Sun-roofs were an factory option on aussie ED9 CR-X's post '88 models.

If your looking for a CR-X, you might try contacting the guys & gals at CRXaustralia (...when the site opens again)

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Also, the moonroof adds weight to the car, so the solid tin roof is actually the lightest model. As an owner of the glass top I have to say you get over it, and never find yourself looking up out of it coz you're trying the drive.

For me it's great though because it gives me about an extra inch of head space, which at about 6"1 you'll probably need lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 crx
    Website reopens tomorrow
    Good luck with the search....
    Ef8s Ftw!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK gli
    HAHAH thanx for responses guys.. really answered my question.. BUt yea i am signed up to crxaustralia.. but very sad that i have to wait for it to reopen... but yes i really just want a genuine ef8 and i after i leave chool i wil be looking for the right one =D. thank you for answering the question about the glass roof..

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Also, the moonroof adds weight to the car, so the solid tin roof is actually the lightest model. As an owner of the glass top I have to say you get over it, and never find yourself looking up out of it coz you're trying the drive.

For me it's great though because it gives me about an extra inch of head space, which at about 6"1 you'll probably need lol
    Lightest is tin roof

+10kg for glass roof

+10 kg again for Sunroof.

Sunroof is heaviest model.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 crx
    Plus u'll end up hatin' the glass roof on Summer... gets too Hot!
    I'm DIY-ing something for this in my EF8, will post it when finished...

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Thanks Adrian, I'm over it lol