Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic TypeR FN2

Question 2007 FN2 Auxiliary input

Hello,

First time posting here, however my car was on 09's May calendar http://www.ozhonda.com/wallpaper/2009_05_800.jpg

Anyway, I have a 2007 Type R FN2 (I believe?) which lists an Aux on the stereo. I am to believe this Aux is referring to an optional CD stacker or something similar.

I use my iPhone 3GS in my car constantly while working, I am looking for a way to wire up an Aux plug for the phone, or better yet if its possible, some sort of integrated product that can give me a USB port to control my iPhone from the steering wheel controls, but I doubt this is doable.

I tried searching but couldn't find anything specific about my model car. If anyone knows of a guide or product that can be wired in to do what I am wanting, please let me know!

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    I have no idea about 2007 model but the one 2009 model of a friend of mine. the AUX, USB and Ipod intergration are located in the armrest console box.
    I ask my friend, he said 2007 model does not have the USB and Ipod but should be equipped with AUX.

I have an 08 model and it also does not have the AUX intergration either. The 09 models onwards all have this in the armrest console box as an extra feature along with the highbeam dimmer in the review mirror. I, like Mezevenf, would also like to get a guide/product that can be wired.

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    buy an FM transmitter , then you can play your phone/ipod/mp3 through your radio... all you need to do is plug the transmitter into your ipod and select the station it says on the transmitter
    then you will hear your ipod or what even on the chosen radio station..
    easy and very very cheap.
    give it a go
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic TypeR FN2
    I am currently using an FM transmitter, the sound quality is not very good, however it does have the nice feature of showing the song name and artist name on the dash.

I wanted something more permanent though, something that would be hard wired and of higher quality.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    some guy on the forum is selling a fascia kit so you can install an aftermarket headunit that has AUX input

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    The Fascia is not really expensive, i got one from my dealer for Honda FD1 for 70$. There are some information how to DIY AUX with an aftermarket stuff.
    Why dont you get a new headunit to boost the audio system :P

Member Array
    Car:
    CW FN2R
    if you do get the fascia if you want the top middle screen to work properly you will still need to have the standard head unit plugged in. hence most people hide the standard head unit in the glove box and have the new headunit in the fascia. but that literally destroys your glove box space. as you wont fit much in it after.

either that or you can lose out on some functions of the display its not a huge deal.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic TypeR FN2
    I was hoping to be able to wire up a 3.5mm aux cable to the Aux function already on the device. Be it cabling up where the 'stacker' or whatever the standard Aux button was designed for. Just looking for a guide or wiring diagrams or something.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3, FD1, FN2R
    Go to honda and get a iPod cable.
    it is a bit pricet though.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic TypeR FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by bangers178 View Post
    Go to honda and get a iPod cable.
    it is a bit pricet though.
    Where would this plug in?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3, FD1, FN2R
    If you got the iPod Adaptor as an option(07-08 models), the wire comes out of the compartment under the integrated stereo.
    I think the AUX and iPod adaptor come standard in the in the 09-current model, which is located in the centre Console.

hope this helps.