Rear wheel wobbly

okay,

my left rear wheel is wobbly. What happened is that i was going around a round-a-bout fairly slowly and then all i feel is the rear of my car go down and so i stopped immediately only to find out that my rear wheel had come off!!!! I was so shocked. Anyway, i jacked up the car and then put the wheel back on and slowly drove back home with the nuts and everything on. When i got home, i reinspected everything and it seemed ok still. I doubled checked all the nuts were tight and they were so I have no idea why they become loose. I was so paranoid that I kept double checking to see that they were on tightly everyday for about a week after and everything seemed fine.

But lately, a few other people have told me that the rear left where the wheel came off is wobbly and looks like its going to fall off but I have checked and the nuts are tight. After I got someone else to drive my car so I could see the rear, I saw that the rear is actually wobbling but it has no effect on the steering so I couldn't feel the difference.

After the wheel came off, the car was sitting on the rotors but it appears aesthetically to be fine. I know that there is suspension damage but, anyone have a rough idea of what it is? Control arm? I know I will have to take it to the mechanic. My car is a 96 ek1.
    Last edited by gbang007; 09-08-2010 at 01:07 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    The hub or the studs are damaged, I would guess that the studs are the problem. Put a set square against the hub and check that the studs are still perpendicular to the hub. Alternatively the hub area of the rotor might not be flat, causing the wheel to not site square. Bent suspension links won't cause a wheel to wobble, because for example say your rear trailing arm has a 30 degree bend in it the axis about which the wheel rotates will be constant, not wobbly, even though the wheel might be pointing in the wrong direction .

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    also check out the wheel itself, could be buckled (car may have landed on the edge of it as it fell)

Goodluck
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

pics maybe?

pics won't show anything unless I take the wheel off. The wheel seems fine. You can only tell that the wheel is wobbling when you drive. I will try and take my wheel off in the next few days and take a few snaps...

oh ok in that case im not quite sure? have u checked that all ur control arms etc arnt loose etc? or anything that isnt connected? maybe the more experience members could help out >.<

Member Array
    Car:
    DC
    jack ur car up, release the handbrake and spin the wheel. sus out if theres any noise? wobbly? try shaking the wheel for any movement