Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2 type R

Exclamation 2007 Fn2 owners, check for rust on doors. also check up before warranty expires

hi guys. as alot of fn2 were made in 2007 and by now a lot of your warranty is about to expire.

check this post below. alot of 07 build car have body rust under the car. i checked my few month ago and went back for warranty and had the rust fixed.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-fa...ust-doors.html

Honda UK build quality is quite poor compare to many other hondas i had in the past.

This post is just a general heads up for people whos warranty about to expire. there are few things should be fixed before expire.

1 every one check your head light, make sure there is no Burn in marks. i don't use HID and after 3 years, i found my head light to be cloudy from inside, honda will replace it for free.

2 check your gear box, if your have problem with your 1st 2nd or 3rd gear can't engage, go back to honda and make sure contact honda Australia they will change your syncos.

3 check for any sign of rust and pill back every thing you can. if there is rust. back to honda for paint job.

4 gear knobs and shift boots. if you got a ring on your finger and dented the knob and shift boot, you guessed it, go back to honda and they replace for you.

There must be a lot of things i missed, but as a general rule. if your warranty is about to expire. check your car, if any thing is not as brand spanking new as the day you got it (excluding things are fault of your own), go back to honda and fight tooth and nails the dealership most of times will give in and you get new replacement, if they reject you and give you some crap, make sure contact honda Australia your self.

The above issues happened to my FN2, i don't know about if FD owners have the same issues or not, but as always if your warranty about to go, make sure go back to dealer and have every thing fixed.
    In the past 2 and half years i owned my fn2, i went to dealer 6 times. and had over 10 things fixed/replaced.
    good luck to you all
    Last edited by jaybot; 10-08-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    I just could not read the provided link. Is it only with FN2 or the entire Honda fleets

I have no problem with provded link. and yes it is only affecting the FN2R.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    oshit, makes me wanna go fix that colour mismatch on my front bumper...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HONDA CIVIC
    any1 have any problems with the height of the car?? my driver side of FN2R is 5cm lower than other side... T.T

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_boi View Post
    any1 have any problems with the height of the car?? my driver side of FN2R is 5cm lower than other side... T.T
    Mate thats not good and Im assuming that you have stock suspension..should go get it checked out ASAP...believe thats affecting the dynamics of the car...

With jaybots post.. I had the gearbox issue...and hassled them 5 times here in WA..all didnt work and they couldnt replicate the issue...but Ive fixed this issue by changing to a aftermarket gearbox fluid (dramatic improvement) and whackin in a Mugen short-shifter...seems to solve it completely and after 5000km no probs.

Ive just realised that Ive got that rust issue but from what I can see is surface rust...so ill remove the rust (with the touch up paint kit given) and put some paint over on a good day..shouldnt be a biggy.

Ive been scouring other UK forums and it seems easier for them to solve issues with the FN2s but out here its like near impossible to get anything resolved with the stealers...at times its frustrating..but all in all the car in my opinion drives like a gem..and I tend to 'forget' the issues...lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HONDA CIVIC
    Quote Originally Posted by kojmeister View Post
    Mate thats not good and Im assuming that you have stock suspension..should go get it checked out ASAP...believe thats affecting the dynamics of the car...
    Thanks for tat, i already ask them to check last service, i get them to double check again, since i got this car new and i have done 30000km with less than a year :P

Angry Problems with Type R FN2

Quote Originally Posted by jaybot View Post
    hi guys. as alot of fn2 were made in 2007 and by now a lot of your warranty is about to expire.

check this post below. alot of 07 build car have body rust under the car. i checked my few month ago and went back for warranty and had the rust fixed.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-fa...ust-doors.html

Honda UK build quality is quite poor compare to many other hondas i had in the past.

This post is just a general heads up for people whos warranty about to expire. there are few things should be fixed before expire.

1 every one check your head light, make sure there is no Burn in marks. i don't use HID and after 3 years, i found my head light to be cloudy from inside, honda will replace it for free.

2 check your gear box, if your have problem with your 1st 2nd or 3rd gear can't engage, go back to honda and make sure contact honda Australia they will change your syncos.

3 check for any sign of rust and pill back every thing you can. if there is rust. back to honda for paint job.

4 gear knobs and shift boots. if you got a ring on your finger and dented the knob and shift boot, you guessed it, go back to honda and they replace for you.

There must be a lot of things i missed, but as a general rule. if your warranty is about to expire. check your car, if any thing is not as brand spanking new as the day you got it (excluding things are fault of your own), go back to honda and fight tooth and nails the dealership most of times will give in and you get new replacement, if they reject you and give you some crap, make sure contact honda Australia your self.

The above issues happened to my FN2, i don't know about if FD owners have the same issues or not, but as always if your warranty about to go, make sure go back to dealer and have every thing fixed.
    In the past 2 and half years i owned my fn2, i went to dealer 6 times. and had over 10 things fixed/replaced.
    good luck to you all
    ------------
    Hello all,
    Well my type R warranty expires in march 2011, so I thought id tell you all about my issues over the past 2 years and 9 months.

Clutch ; Since about 10,000km's (now done 56,000) the clutch made a fantastic chewbacca screeching noise at the grab point, this has been back and forth over the past couple of years as I still believed HONDA should repair this fault, may UK civic type R owners have this problem. But still Honda haven't done diddly squat, to me it is a problem as it does cause the clutch not to disengage properly sometimes.

Door rust - Yep got that too, just in the top corner of the door

Gear stick boot - got that replaced last week - crap quality

Clutch Again - this time, tapping, creaking as you push the pedal down and release, something’s going in the master cylinder, honda garage has bodged it for the mo until they can find out exactly what’s wrong with it.

Rear Seat - Middle section - pivot point - Rust, photo has been sent off to honda Australia via the garage.

Engine /electronics- last 6 months, I have noticed if the aircon is on and the engine is ticking over the revs sometimes drop dramatically and it struggles to tick over, it feels like its gonna stall, also sometimes the engine just cuts out as you apply the accelerator, its like the electronics just cut out, not sure if the sensor on the pedal is faulty, Honda garage couldn't find this issue as its intermittent.

So all in all should i keep this car?? What do you guys think??

If the clutch issues continue this could cost some money on a yearly basis and has anyone got an idea of how much it is to replace a clutch in one of these?

Or do I buy a mazda 3 MPS?

Have you guys had these issues?

Cheers

Si
    Last edited by skyhighsy; 08-12-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Unhappy

Hello,

I was just recently thinking of buying a 2nd hand 2007 MY 07 FN2R, but after reading this thread, I'm a little (very) sceptical!!!

Should I just go for a new MY09 model? I assume most of the problems, especially the clutch/3rd gear syncho issues have been fixed?

Thanks

i think series 2 is better, i mean the build is the same but you do get rear parking sensors and also LSD....

to be honest you could probably find one at a good price on carsales...

Couldn't find any/many

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    Sorry to revive this thread, I'm looking at a 2007 FN2 lately as their prices are quite attractive around 25k with low km.
    Thank god I found this thread, it has kinda made me sad and changed my mind as I did not think there will be so many issues with this model