Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

How do the new Safety Cameras and Mobile Speed Camers work?

1) Do the safety cameras still only capture if its in the same direction like the old red light cameras?

For eg. If im going North bound, and there is a safety camera on the road facing North bound, it will capture you, for either a) speeding and/or b) running the red light. Now im 90% sure that it doesn't take both sides, (talking about the ones that don't have one on each side of that road).

So now, lets say I'm going North bound, and theres a camera facing East Bound, and im going to take a right hand turn, (East bound) into the road which as the safety camera. Will it catch you either speeding or running the light? So the camera is behind, pointing to the rear of ur car, u once you have turned right into the road.

2) Do the mobile speed cameras catch both traffic directions?
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    1) Do the safety cameras still only capture if its in the same direction like the old red light cameras?

For eg. If im going North bound, and there is a safety camera on the road facing North bound, it will capture you, for either a) speeding and/or b) running the red light. Now im 90% sure that it doesn't take both sides, (talking about the ones that don't have one on each side of that road).

So now, lets say I'm going North bound, and theres a camera facing East Bound, and im going to take a right hand turn, (East bound) into the road which as the safety camera. Will it catch you either speeding or running the light? So the camera is behind, pointing to the rear of ur car, u once you have turned right into the road.

2) Do the mobile speed cameras catch both traffic directions?
    If there are sensors on the road on both directions, then it will most probably take photos in both directions. Even the older cameras like the one on Delhi Road in between North Ryde and Chatswood have sensors on both directions of the road and will flash cars in both directions.

In your case, you are turning right and away from the camera, so your car is not crossing the sensor. So the camera should not take a pic of your car, unless there is a sensor in the lane that you were turning into.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    mmm asking on behalf of the cousin

he got 2 tickets in 5mins when he went out for lunch, was caught by an mobile speed camera. doing 64 and 65 in an 60 zone

as far as i know the mobile cameras only detects one way? i.e catches you from the back? so any chance of him ask for photos of the speeding and fight at least one ticket when traveling back on the opposite direction?

Last edited by m3ntAL_l2; 17-08-2010 at 07:22 PM.
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    hey quick question, i was over taking a truck on the hume hwy, as i pulled over to the left lane since there were no cars, i saw the msc van but the two men were only carrying stuff and placing it onto the grass. there was no sign "your speed has been check" like i saw on the newspaper. 70 zone but i was doing atleast 75 when i went past it, if their only setting up for the day does it mean the cameras dont take photos yet because there are no warning sign to show drivers that their speed was recorded? would the camera be taking photos while the men were just putting out equipment and setting up? not quite sure how it all works since sydney has only recently gotten into the program.

happened 2weeks ago, shat bricks going to uni that day.
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

were you the ep3r with green p's making a right turn onto henry lawson drive from newbridge road?

there were mobile speed cams around that intersection today.

i too shat bricks when i saw a cop with a radar gun and i was about 5km over the limit....
    Last edited by Antv; 17-08-2010 at 09:40 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    nah man i was going from horsely drive left turn onto hume and past the intersection down the hill abit was a mobile van shitting there in the morning around 8ish. i saw pictures how there was meant to be a sign indicating to drivers their speed was monitored or something like that when they past the van, though i didnt see any signs and shat myself.
    SPAM|WERKS

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    i dont think there are fines imposed yet?
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

mobile speed camera's from what i heard can get you both ways... and i heard this from quiet a reliable source...
    Vti-R

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    they do get you from both ways all six lanes... money machine for mac bank.
    SPAM|WERKS

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    i put safety cameras and speed cameras in as a job like aaronng said depends on if the sensors are on both sides of the rd or not
    heres how they work

the way the camera detects your speed is it measures how long it takes ur car to get from loop 1 to loop 2, since the computer know the distance and time it uses speed= distance / time to figure out ur speed

the red light part is simply if ur car crosses both loops when it is a red light the camera will go off, but all 4 wheels do need to cross loop 2 for the camera to flash on a red light

if you look close enough at the instersection where the safety camera is you can see the loops and where the road has been cut and filled with scotek
    Last edited by ninzee; 18-08-2010 at 04:41 PM. Reason: forgot about the red light part
    106.3 Kw Atw
    Boostech Performance

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4lyf
    these mobile speed cameras .. i heard they have video record as well? yes ? no ?
    CEE CEE DUB U

Member Array
    Car:
    ah huhhh
    are these activated yet? because i still see people speeding through it... *shrugs*