Advice: Is this a good deal?

Hi I am looking at buying this 1999 Honda CRV advertised for $6790. It has done 220000ks, been fully serviced at honda up until 180000ks the current owner has had the timing belt done at 200000k.
    Its very tidy cosmetically and the only things I can tell that are wrong with it is it has the clunk in the rear when going over bumps (apparantly common with this CRV generation) and it needs new tyres. I am pretty sure I can find the noise coming from the rear but does this sound like a reasonable price for its age/k's? New tyres will probably be around $600 and maybe another $200 in parts to fix the noise.

the price is pretty average, and your going to have to spend abit of money on a used car anyway. aint no bargain but in the end it really comes up to the decision if you like it or not. maybe try give details of this noise comming from the back you can probably get someone here to identify it.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    If the noise is common it should be identified easily - so what is it? Hopefully nothing bad.

I'm guessing the car doesn't come with RWC, as that would require new tyres.

So if the price is average, the car's done a few KMs, it's not coming with a RWC and has pre-existing issues then no it's not a good deal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    If the noise is common it should be identified easily - so what is it? Hopefully nothing bad.

I'm guessing the car doesn't come with RWC, as that would require new tyres.

So if the price is average, the car's done a few KMs, it's not coming with a RWC and has pre-existing issues then no it's not a good deal IMO.
    We don't need RWC to get rego for cars here in South Australia so the only time we can get Defected is if the Rozza gets us. The car comes with rego till Feb as well.
    I was reading on one of the forums here that the noise can either be the rear hatch shocks rattling when the car is driven over bumps or the rear linkages or sway bar. The rest of the car is in excellent condition as far as I can tell, I'm not too sure what any other existing issues can be with these cars tho.