Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9

Can I use WD-40 or RP7 on the wiper blade?

I have replaced Honda wiper blade by 3 times. But, after replacing only for a few months, the Honda Genuine wiper blade starts skipping, chattering and streaking. How to stop it? I did some research about this issue.

There are some suggestion about using rubbing alcohol or 303 wiper treatment. Where can I buy this? Do I need to spend more money on that? Some question come to my mind, I already have WD-40 and RP7, Can I use them for my wiper blade? Answers are quite different, someone say no problem, the others say definitely not because of smearing problems.

Have you try WD-40 or RP7?
    Last edited by by-life; 15-08-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by by-life View Post
    I have replaced Honda wiper blade by 3 times. But, after replacing only for a few months, the Honda Genuine wiper blade starts skipping, chattering and streaking. How to stop it? I did some research about this issue.

There are some suggestion about using rubbing alcohol or 303 wiper treatment. Where can I buy this? Do I need to spend more money on that? Some question come to my mind, I already have WD-40 and RP7, Can I use them for my wiper blade? Answers are quite different, someone say no problem, the others say definitely not because of smearing problems.

Have you try WD-40 or RP7?
    Unfortunetly, starting from the Euro style fancy wiper blade about 3 years ago, Honda changed its wiper rubber to the inferior type. Before the change over, a genuine Honda wiper rubber will last me 2.5 to 3 years easy. But now it is like every 6 months.

The older wiper rubber is good for consumers and the new wiper rubber is good for Honda (ie. profit). There is not much you can do because the aftermarket ones do not quite fit the new Euro style wiper blade.

BTW. I would not use RP7/WD40 on the wiper rubber if I were you. You will risk damaging the rubber further and may smear your screen even more as RP7 leave an oily thin film.
    Last edited by limleong; 16-08-2010 at 06:44 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9
    Thanks Limleong's reply.

I see and not going to risk it by using WD-40. I will looking for wiper treatment or rubbing achol.
    My Honda wiper black was bought on Nov/09, so, it is almost 9months now. I still don't want to replace it right now.
    BTW, have tried the nail remover, because its guide mentions polish and remove dust functions. However, the blade's condition doesn't improve at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Try cleaning the windscreen real good with metho, then coat with Rain-X. Nice and clean and slick = no skipping.
    With the wipers, I give them a quick wipe with a clean cloth.

You could even try and give them a quick wipe with graphite powder. Never tried it myself, but have heard it works.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

I will go with typeR's clean your windscreen properly method as well. After wash, I wax my windscreen with quikwax as it makes the wiping smoother and help water beedings. Also wipe the wiper rubber with a piece of tissue every few weeks, the tissue where you wipe will become black from the dirt, etc...